Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Technical Data Architect, Data Engineering
Requisition ID: 0338190326
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.JanssenRnD.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Exciting opportunity to be part of new and growing technical data management team contributing to our next generation data strategy driving effectiveness and efficiency of clinical trials from collection to submission.
The development of best-in-industry Data Science capabilities is critical to our ambition to be most innovative healthcare company. Combining various data streams and providing data near real-time data and visualizations are key component to obtaining our ambitions.
We are looking for individuals who have aptitude and motivation learn the next generation data strategy and help shape and grow with us in this journey.
The position is primarily accountable for providing expertise, delivery and oversight of technical clinical data management activities from data stream integrations to submission-ready tabulation packages. Also responsible for contributing to our automation and innovation efforts.
Principle Responsibilities Include; Development of data transfer agreements with ancillary data vendors ensuring use of standards, fit-for purpose data models and transfer intervals. Create and review specifications and mapping for data models to be used for quality review and for final data model (SDTM or other). Ensure quality review of datasets (e.g., Pinnacle 21 compliance checking); ensure datasets are available for stakeholder use (medical review, central monitoring, adaptive decision making, etc.) and compliant for database lock and submission-ready tabulation packages. Develop and maintain working knowledge and expertise in programming languages utilized in current data management (SAS, SQL, etc.) and apply continuous learning as part of next generation data strategy (R, Python, Scala, Java, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer or Life Sciences or equivalent work experience required.
- 3 years of relevant experience in pharmaceutical industry is desired, experience in other industries. in Data Engineering role will also be considered.
- Knowledge of protocol, current clinical drug development processes preferred.
- Knowledge of eDC systems is required.
- Intermediate programming skills in one or more SAS, SQL or other languages R, Python, etc. is required.
- Working knowledge of SDTM including Define.xml, CDASH, metadata preferred.
- Ability to work with cross-functional team interpreting data requirements.
- Strong project management skills and knowledge of team management principles are required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Aptitude and motivation learn new technologies and make appropriate recommendations for consideration is preferred.
- Vendor management oversight experience a plus.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)
Clinical Data Management