Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products Company touch more than a billion people’s lives every single day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
The Compliance Lead is responsible for managing internal and external compliance programs at our Guelph manufacturing site. You will take a leadership role in the planning and coordination of team activities related to supplier quality non-conformance investigations, internal audit program, external supplier audits, and Controlled substances/Precursor substance compliance. You will ensure that you and your team operate under compliance with internal specifications, regulatory and corporate policies. This position supports both site and global consumer initiatives utilizing their experience and expertise of quality and operations.
Other responsibilities include coaching, development and training of personnel in the department, assessment of specifications, department standard operating procedures, and on-going evaluation and continuous improvement of Quality activities.
• Participate in short and long term planning for the Quality & Compliance group through development of goals, and succession planning discussions.
• Act as Quality & Compliance lead on taskforces / committees as required.
• Monitor, review and document performance, potential assessment and development plans for team members.
• Development and implementation of programs designed to increase employee awareness and knowledge of compliance requirements/policies.
• Participate in and provide guidance for investigations into non-conformances
• Responsible for reporting of audits in the Trackwise system. Provide training to new users.
• Recommend and implement continuous improvement projects (CIPs) and Lean initiatives related to product quality, quality processes, and shop floor quality
• Actively use data to understand non-conformance trends and identify appropriate corrective actions to reduce NCs
• Establish and modify department procedures that will satisfy company GMP, quality, environmental, safety and company standards
• Assist management through change and transformation activities, and support strategic and tactical plans in alignment with site’s goals
• Contribute to a productive working relationship within Quality Operations, as well as with MAKE, Engineering, Research and Development, and Quality Laboratory
• Act as a delegate for the Plant Quality Manager for activities in which applicable training/knowledge has been obtained
Minimum of Bachelor Degree in Life Sciences (e.g. Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related disciple)
Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in a pharmaceutical manufacturing or Quality environment
• Strong leadership, organization, decision making and interaction management skills
• Knowledge of GMP regulations and guidelines
• Knowledge of and competence in the application of Health Canada GMPs, ICH Guidelines, as well as Controlled Substances/Precursor Substances Health Canada Guidelines
• Working knowledge of SAP and computer applications
• Thinks analytically and acts decisively
• Strong interpersonal skills and effective performance management skills
• Ability to work on multiple projects at a time
• Strong problem solving, partnering, and communication skills
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Johnson & Johnson Inc. (7695)