Johnson & Johnson Careers
Associate Scientist, Compound Logistics
Requisition ID: 0310180502
Janssen Research and Development, L.L.C., a member of Johnson and Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for an Associate Scientist to be in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The new Lead Discovery team is a critical part of the Discovery Sciences organization in Janssen R&D and is committed to the delivery of high quality chemical leads needed for the generation of small molecule clinical compounds in all five Janssen Therapeutic Area discovery teams. This mission requires deep scientific expertise in a number of disciplines including chemistry, cellular pharmacology, screening and protein science coupled with an ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners.
Our Discovery Sciences Organization at the Spring House site is looking for a motivated, detail-oriented and collaborative Associate Scientist to work within the Compound Logistics Team. The primary responsibility for the position will be fulfilling compound orders from Spring House and other Janssen sites. It mainly involves solubilizing, retrieving, dispensing, delivering and shipping of compounds in either solid or liquid forms. As part of fulfilling compound orders, this position requires operating, maintaining and troubleshooting the automation equipment, including their respective software applications, used for solubilization, dispensing and storage. This position requires an individual that is able to maintain a close interaction with chemists, high throughput screening scientists, and compound logistics staff at other sites. This person will:
- Work with other team members and be responsible for compound QC by LC/MS
- Expected to maintain a strong laboratory presence and work under strict deadlines and to handle the day to day tasks and customer services with ease by efficiently prioritizing assigned daily workload and using time productively
- The individual will need to demonstrate commitment to quality
- Moreover, the individual will be responsible for compound registration, reporting and contract processes with external CROs
- This person will need to complete assigned projects on time, participate in process improvement initiatives, and communicate effectively with others
- Collaborate with other team members to maintain consistent practices and standards for compound sample handling operation
- Possesses a willingness to perform additional work as assigned by management and as part of the individual’s development plan
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or related discipline with a minimum of 3 years of industry experience
- Hands-on experience with compound library handling using state-of-the art laboratory automation is required
- Experience with different types of storage systems and liquid handling platforms is preferred
- Experience using modern HPLC and MS instrumentation is required
- Computer programming knowledge and experience is preferred
- Excellent organization, communication skills and the ability to responsibly complete daily tasks on time are also key attributes
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)