Johnson & Johnson Careers
Primary Engineer, Package Development
Requisition ID: 0305180502
Ethicon Endo Surgery, a member of
Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies is recruiting for a Primary Package
Development Engineer that will be in Cincinnati, OH. The responsibilities
will include Package Development of packaging systems for Robotics medical
devices, Energy based medical devices, Endomechanical and Open Mechanical medical
The Ethicon business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies—including sutures, surgical staplers, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 20 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
The Package Development Engineer will be designing and developing the packaging systems for a wide range of sterile and non-sterile products. The role will support the development of packaging to support new product development teams as well as legacy products. The role will have responsibilities including the following:
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Apply knowledge of engineering principles and practices to effectively plan and execute package development projects.
- Partner with New Product Development teams to develop packaging systems that meet customer requirements.
- Lead and support changes to existing package designs.
- Innovate to create new packaging systems that improve performance, reduce cost, or improve the customer experience.
- Hands-on Package laboratory testing to simulate transportation distribution hazards.
- Develop and validate package development and transit test methods.
- Support package equipment validation actives.
- Write technical protocols and reports.
- Create package component drawings and specifications.
- On-board new packaging materials.
- Develop general packaging guidelines and standards for processes and functional requirements.
- The position will have no direct reports, but may direct activities of other team members to achieve specific task assignments. Other responsibilities may be assigned and not all responsibilities listed may be assigned.
- Bachelor Degree in engineering or technical field with 2 years of industry experience (excluding co-ops), or an Advanced Degree with 1 year of full time industry experience (excluding co-ops) in a medical device or a highly regulated industry.
- Experience in packaging development in Medical Device or a Regulated Industry.
- Experience in packaging design and/or validation
- Knowledge of sterile barrier packaging systems and design verification including ASTM or ISTA test methods.
- Knowledge of Package Assembly and Manufacturing processes.
- ISO 11607 knowledge and experience.
- Knowledge and experience with ISO 13485, ISO 15223.
- Understanding of sterilization modes used in medical devices.
- Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement, Lean, or Process Excellence.
- Demonstrated results in Quality Control, Compliance, and Regulatory.
- Project management skills.
- Demonstrated results using internal and external customer focus.
- Experience with component suppliers and qualifications.
- CADD Experience
This position could require up to 25% travel both domestic and international.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-New Jersey-Somerville
Ethicon Inc. (6045)