Johnson & Johnson Careers
Medical Science Liaison, IBD - Ontario
Requisition ID: 0297180502
Janssen Pharmaceutical, Companies of Johnson & Johnson is currently hiring a Medical Science Liaison (MSL) – IBD to support Ontario.
At Janssen, we are dedicated to addressing and solving some of the most important unmet medical needs of our time in hematology, oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, metabolic and chronic diseases and women’s health. Driven by our commitment to patients, we bring innovative products, services and solutions to people throughout the world. Janssen Inc. is a member of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson. Please visit www.janssen.ca for more information.
As the Medical Science Liaison (MSL) you hold the primary responsibility for the execution of the Medical Affairs Plan. They are the point of contact for key opinion leaders (KOLs) in a given territory and help answer their medical, scientific and research needs within specific guidelines.
Your key responsibilities:
- Maintain up-to-date scientific expertise with regular attendance at key scientific/clinical conferences, training sessions and preceptorships to translate data into applicable knowledge and communication platforms.
- Analyze data (new, emerging and post-hoc) to develop insights and contribute to publications as appropriate. Disseminate, review and present clinical and scientific data in a balanced, unbiased manner to KOLs and other health care providers (HCP's), in group and one-on-one settings (includes development of scientific communication materials).
- Develop and nurture close relationships with KOLs and other stakeholder groups to facilitate research and education initiatives.
- Accountable for relationships with all KOLs within the region (development and sustainability through clear engagement plans).
- Lead in the development of the regional Medical Sciences plan, with an eye to national plan, including strategic direction. Responsibilities comprise ongoing execution and budgeting of initiatives, regional and national speaker tours, advisory boards, symposia, research, and other interventions as needed.
- Support investigator initiated studies by fielding and assessing research requests, aligning investigator interests with Janssen’s research needs and data gap analyses, and engaging investigators to ensure the successful execution and satisfactory completion of studies.
- Partner and collaborate with in-house business partners (i.e. Market Access, Regulatory, Sales and Marketing, etc., as appropriate) to facilitate ongoing exchange of clinical information.
- Provide regional Medical Sciences perspectives to influence the integrated Medical Affairs plan which complements the Business Implementation Meetings (BIMs) and the Integrated Lifecycle Plans (ILCP).
- Provide key customer insights to cross-functional business partners to help guide strategic direction.
- A minimum of Graduate degree in a Health Sciences field is required; Pharm.D., Ph.D., M.D. is an asset.
- A minimum of 3 years business experience in the pharmaceutical industry. May be balanced against a strong clinical and/or scientific background in a relevant therapy.
- Prior experience in a MSL role is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of immunology and gastroenterology therapeutic areas is an asset.
- Have a proven ability to learn quickly, assimilate and distill large amounts of information, and build and maintain relationships.
- Demonstrated experience in initiating and managing clinical/scientific/research programs with a high degree of autonomy, including successfully managing these from initial concept to end result (i.e. advisory boards, publications, speaker tours, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of GCP, IMC Code of Ethical Practices, and Healthcare Compliance policies and procedures. Familiarity with working in an environment guided by SOP's.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate information to KOLs, as well as non-experts.
- Proven project management, planning and organizational skills.
- Business acumen required, including prioritization skills and big picture orientation.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, and other relevant software programs.
- Ability to travel up to 60%, both domestic and international, as this is a customer facing position. Overnight travel may be required as much as 1-2 times per week on average, depending upon region covered.
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Janssen Inc. (7710)
Medical Science Liaison