The Johnson & Johnson Law Department is recruiting for an Administrative Assistant to support members of the Product Liability Litigation group. The position will be based in New Brunswick, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for general administrative support of four (4) or more Litigation Attorneys, and will require participation in and knowledge of supervisors' responsibilities.
- Maintaining four Attorneys' Outlook calendars.
- Completing and submitting expense reports via Concur.
- Establishing and maintaining files and following-up on pending legal matters.
- Coordinating meetings and booking domestic and international travel reservations.
- Coordinating with other department paralegals, and will be responsible for handling legal documents of a highly confidential nature.
- Workload that may involve critical deadlines.
- Communicating with internal and external contacts and resources at all levels.
- Superior Microsoft Office skills will be needed for document preparation, redlining.
- Use of Ariba system to requisition payments.
- Detailed proofreading skills are critical.
- Various projects to help the litigation group run more efficiently and effectively.
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- An Associate's degree or a Bachelor's degree is preferred
- A certificate and/or formalized training as an Administrative Assistant is preferred.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in an administrative support capacity is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience providing administrative support at the Director level or above is required.
- Prior experience in a corporate law department or law firm is preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) at an intermediate to advanced level is required.
- Knowledge of expense reporting tools and travel systems, such as Concur, is preferred.
- Knowledge of Ariba system is preferred.
- Demonstrate the ability to exercise good judgment and be a self-starter with the ability to work independently in the absence of the attorneys is required.
- Excellent communication skills, accuracy and attention to detail are required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the proven ability to work effectively as a team member while possessing the flexibility to assist in assigned projects is required.
- Strong organizational skills and the proven ability to multi-task and prioritize is required.
- Team player with the ability to work cooperatively with others is required.
- Occasional overtime may be required.
- This position is located in New Brunswick, NJ and may require up to 5% travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick-
Johnson & Johnson (6067)