Lens Fabrication Technician III
Your job alert was successfully created.
At Johnson & Johnson Vision, we have a bold ambition: to change the trajectory of eye health. That’s why, through our operating companies, we’ve developed solutions for every stage of life—to help people see better, connect better and live better. We partner with eye care professionals to provide some of the world’s leading products and technologies to address refractive error, cataracts, dry eye, and beyond. We are committed to using our reach and size for good, and strive to put quality eye care within reach of everyone, everywhere. Visit us at www.jjvision.com. Follow @JNJVision on Twitter and Johnson & Johnson Vision on LinkedIn. Johnson & Johnson Vision is recruiting for a Lens Fabrication Technician III to be located in Jacksonville, FL.
A Lens Fabrication Technician III has deep understanding over key contact lens manufacturing processes, and is expected to assist process engineers in the development of new processes. This role visibly demonstrates standards of practice for junior technicians.
• This role encompasses all Lens Fabrication Tech responsibilities, and product development pre-commercial experimental or product build support.
• Responsible for operating manufacturing equipment.
• Performs a variety of Engineering activities focused at process improvement, and supporting R&D by identifying, reducing and preventing process variability.
• Improves process capability by continuous improvement of equipment, materials, and methods.
• Works closely with other scientific engineering disciplines in the development of new products and in the continuous improvement of technology and processes.
• Responsible for specific departmental administrative and safety functions as directed by supervision.
• Adheres to environmental policy, procedures, and supports department environmental objectives. Engages in Credo-based decision-making.
• Participates in troubleshooting and resolving equipment, systems, and process problems to prevent the occurrence of product and process non-conformities. Develop Process Excellence techniques to identify systematic issues. Tracks, trends, develops and implements equipment and/or process enhancements that will improve efficiency, product yield, and equipment reliability.
• Reviews and writes test plans, training manuals, updates Pilot Facility internal operating procedures, JSA’s and HECP’s for new and existing manufacturing equipment.
• Maintenance of Pilot Plant and R&D equipment.
• Installation or modification of equipment or system.
• Process and equipment troubleshooting and repairs.
• Documentation and administrative duties.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
• High School Degree or equivalent is required.
• Some level of technical training is preferred (i.e. Certification, Qualification, etc.).
• 2+ years maintenance or engineering experience with high volume production line environment is required
• Experience working in continuous operation is preferred
• 5 years related experience preferred.
• Working knowledge and troubleshooting skills in the following areas: PLC systems, electro/mechanical devices, robotic/servo systems, safety devices, equipment installation, debug and qualification, control circuitry development, electro-mechanical troubleshooting/repair, equipment prototyping, production start-up, equipment process development and mechanical devices.
• Experience working in a medical device manufacturing facility.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to prioritize projects and tasks. Ability to handle multiple tasks. Good organizational skills.
• Ability to work in an empowered work team environment.
Stooping, Crouching, Walking, Pulling, Light Lifting (Up to 25 lbs.), Grasping, Hearing, Visual Acuity, Kneeling, Reaching, Pushing, Talking, Standing, Fingering, Crawling.
Use of Hand Tools, Computer Diagnostic Equipment, Micrometers, Calipers, Amp-Meter, Signal Generators, Hydraulic Press, Cable Testing Equipment, Custom Built Test Stands and Equipment, Depth Gauges, Drill Press, O-Scopes, Logic Probe, Signal Tracers.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)