Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Scientist, Bioconjugation – Targeted Therapeutics
Requisition ID: 0285190325
Janssen Research & Development, LLC., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for Senior Scientist, Bioconjugation – Targeted Therapeutics to be located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Targeted Therapeutics group is a part of Discovery Sciences in Janssen R&D and is engaged in developing novel therapeutics that require intracellular and tissue specific delivery, across the modality spectrum (including small molecules, biologics and nucleic acids) in partnership with Janssen therapeutic area teams. We are currently looking for a talented, highly-motivated, and technically competent Bioconjugation Scientist to become part of our team. The successful candidate will have a background in protein chemistry, biochemistry, or a related field with a record of achieving technology development and research goals on aggressive timelines through effective cross-functional collaboration. S/he should have significant experience in discovery or development of targeted therapeutics such as antibody and other protein conjugates, nucleic acid conjugates, and/or protein-nanomaterial conjugates (e.g. lipid or polymeric nanoparticles, micelles, dendrimers), as well as analytical characterization of these products. Prior experience in protein handling and purification at different scales is highly desirable.
- As a member of a cross-functional project team, collaborate with the therapeutic areas and other groups to define targeting strategies and provide stage-appropriate molecules for preclinical studies.
- Independently contribute with minimal supervision from the bench (design and execution of studies, critical analysis of data, presentation of results) to multiple research projects and provide critical data to inform decisions in a cross-functional team. Innovate to manage complex research plans and deliver business results. A Senior Scientist may be asked to supervise other scientists to accomplish tasks and project objectives
- Keep abreast of new technologies/capabilities relevant to this role and strive to implement them to push research projects forward.
- Author data summaries, technical reports, standard operating procedures, publications, and presentations.
- A PhD in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical/Biomedical Engineering, or other related field is required
- Postdoctoral experience is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 3 or years pharmaceutical/biotech industry experience is required.
- Experience with protein biochemistry, protein purification, bioconjugation methods is required.
- Experience with biophysical characterization is preferred.
- Experience with biomolecule purification using automated chromatography systems is required.
- Experience with LC/MS characterization of antibodies or other proteins is strongly preferred.
- A solid research record demonstrated by patents, publications, or presentations preferably in the area of targeted drug delivery or biologics discovery is preferred.
- Some supervisory experience is preferred.
- Applicant should be organized, self-motivated and capable of working independently, and in a collaborative multi-disciplinary environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Interest and ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, and be capable of handling multiple tasks while meeting timelines
- Ability to lead projects and work productively in an interdisciplinary team environment
- Flexibility to adjust priorities over time to meet organizational and scientific goals
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-1400�McKean�Road
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)