Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Team Leader, Manufacturing (3rd Shift) in Lititz, PA.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Team Leader, Manufacturing is responsible for:
• Managing production personnel to maximize quality and output in a manufacturing operation.
• Achieving production targets while maintaining cost controls.
• Supervising production operation and work to meet production including colleagues and activities that are expected to result in the output of goods and services related to the operation of high speed packaging lines and manufacturing platforms to meet internal and external customer expectations for quality, timeliness and cost.
• Establishing personnel schedules and product lines based on business needs.
• Providing input to production flow and identifies potential manufacturing issues.
• Tracking production orders and schedules.
• Compiling and submits data for production and operating reports.
• Training staff in the areas of safety and quality.
• Leading activities in a manner that protects the health and safety of all colleagues and is in full compliance of all regulatory policies and procedures.
• Helping create a work environment that embraces change by providing the leadership needed to implement and execute goals to meet business requirements.
• Reviewing work to ensure compliance with the standards.
• Facilitating communication activities, and acts as liaison between hourly colleagues and other leaders at the site.
• Understanding and ensuring adherence to collective bargaining agreement and will communicate operational information.
• Scheduling or performing training for all employees.
• Recommending changes to standard operational and working practices including providing the leadership necessary to develop and implement cross-functional team to improve aspects of operations while driving a Continuous Improvement (CI) culture through the use of Lean/Six-Sigma strategies and tools.
• Partnering with operations, functional and management personnel to develop and implement methods and processes that optimize the flow and use of material, machine and human resources.
• Directly supervise all hourly colleagues on in their area/shift in the performance of their duties, coordinates manpower in support of achieving schedules while monitoring and driving employee and equipment productivity (maximize uptime and efficiency) to achieve optimum results in the areas of quality, production, health and safety, costs of goods, etc.
• Educating and observing employees to ensure understanding and compliance.
• Providing input to operational budget and will have an understanding of financial drivers.
• Managing costs to improve business' financial results.
• Administering equipment maintenance and repair.
• Maintaining records and notifies management of reoccurring issues that may require equipment replacement.Qualifications
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent is required. An advanced degree focused in Engineering or Science discipline and/or a Master's degree is preferred.
• A minimum of 6 years of overall professional experience is required.
• Experience working in a GMP environment preferred.
• Experience with MS Word and Excel software packages is required.
• Excellent interpersonal, influencing, communication, listening, negotiating and problem-solving/decision-making skills are required.
• Prior supervisory experience is preferred.
• Previous experience in a healthcare manufacturing environment preferred.
• Previous manufacturing and packaging experience is preferred.
• Previous experience with managing department budgets is preferred.
• Demonstrated project management experience is preferred.
• Experience with Six Sigma/Process Excellence tools, training and/or certification is preferred.
• OSHA Training is preferred.
• Must be willing & able to work 3rd shift but be flexible to work on any shift as needed.
• This position will be located in Lititz, PA and may require up to 10% domestic travel. Primary Location
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)Job Function
Plant ManagementRequisition ID