Johnson & Johnson Careers
Patent Docket Associate
New Brunswick, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 0280190325
The Johnson & Johnson Law Department is recruiting for a Patent Docket Associate located in New Brunswick, NJ
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
• The Patent Docket Associate is expected to have a firm understanding of international patent law that will allow the completion of docket associate duties with attention to detail and minimal manager supervision.
• Review and process patent correspondence and documents from overseas counsel in adherence to strict deadlines.
• Coordinate and timely enter and remove items in an electronic patent database.
• Exhibits working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and Patent Department docket management tools including First‐to‐File, FileSite, Attorney WorkBench and Memotech and demonstrates ability to generate reports and effectively manage workload utilizing these tools.
• Communicates and works effectively with all levels of company management, attorneys, paralegals, IP Information Management team members, and internal and external resources.
• Additional projects will be assigned on an ad hoc basis.
• Demonstrates ability to proactively and independently carry out aforementioned activities while producing excellent work‐product and managing a substantial workload. Exhibits dedication to the IP Law Department
• A minimum of 3 total years of combined education, certification and/or related work experience is required.
• Previous patent experience is required.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office software is required, and Patent Department docket management tools including First‐to‐File, FileSite, Attorney WorkBench and Memotech are preferred.
• The desired candidate must have the ability to communicate effectively in a highly matrixed environment.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick-
Johnson & Johnson (6067)