Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Operator 3, Manufacturing/Production
Requisition ID: 0276180501
Medical, part of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting
for an Operator 3, Manufacturing/Production – 1st Shift located in Shoreview,
The Ethicon Surgical Care business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies—including sutures, surgical staplers, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women’s health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon Surgical Care business combines products and services of two market-leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 20 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today. Torax Medical's core technology applies the unique properties of specialized magnets to precisely restore the barrier function of sphincters. Torax Medical’s technology platform, Magnetic Sphincter Augmentation, uses the attraction forces to augment weak or defective sphincter muscles to treat Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) and Accidental Bowel Leakage (fecal or bowel incontinence).
The Operator 3, Manufacturing/Production is responsible for performing manufacturing procedures and executing diverse tasks in various processing. Follows regulatory requirements as well as policies and procedures of the business. Supports the Manager II, Manufacturing/Production on the leadership of direct and indirect hourly employees.
- Executes and monitors manufacturing processes according to operational procedures.
- Establishes priorities based on production schedule.
- Participates in cleaning equipment and clean rooms as necessary.
- Takes readings of equipment and systems. Verifies and interprets parameters to ensure compliance.
- Takes samples and performs tests during process according to standard procedures.
- Participates in projects focused on process development and/or improvement, cost controls and new product manufacturing.
- Performs equipment maintenance, conditioning, standardization and calibration as needed. Troubleshoots equipment issues.
- Handles, stores and disposes of hazardous and nonhazardous materials in compliance with company policy and regulatory requirements. Handles chemicals appropriately using required safety equipment.
- Participates in the execution of validation/re-validation protocols.
- Accomplishes manufacturing staff results by communicating job expectations; training staff; development of training plans for new staff, development of training staff on new processes and procedures.
- Continuous improvement on all training systems and procedures.
- Provides planning; monitoring; and appraising job results; coaching, counseling.
- Gives work direction as needed to coordinate, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Ensure training records are completed, filed, and maintained in compliance with QSR and ISO requirements.
- A minimum of a High School Diploma will be required.
- Must have at least four (4) years of related experience.
- Previous experience working with equipment inspection such as calipers, micrometers, and tool scopes is required.
- Inspection using microscopes and inspection practices such as sampling plans and acceptance criteria are required.
- Component/Assembly documentation such as written and drawn specifications including geometric tolerance is required.
- Must have data entry and product traceability experience.
- Must have basic math skills.
- Basic knowledge in Microsoft Office software applications is required.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- While performing the duties of this job is required for the employee to occasionally walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and distance vision.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds is required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will experience in/out of the office noise at a minimal level.
Torax Medical, Inc