Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Scientist, BAPK located in Spring House, PA.
DMPK is a critical part of the Discovery Sciences (DS) organization in Janssen R&D,and is committed to the delivery of key ADME (absorption, distribution, metabolism, and extraction), pharmacodynamics, and developability information needed for the generation of drug candidate in all five Janssen Therapeutic Area (TA) discovery teams. This mission requires deep scientific expertise in a number of disciplines including bioanalysis, drug metabolism, pharmacokinetics, and chemistry with an ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners. Bioanalysis and Pharmacokinetics (BAPK) group within PDM has diverse tasks covering in-house bioanalytical and pharmacokinetic support from discovery to development, study monitoring of out-soured bioanalytical activities, and toxicokinetic/pharmacokinetic analysis. We are currently seeking an outstanding individual to join our team as Scientist in the BAPK group.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal.
The candidate will be a member of BAPK group within DMPK department. The work will focus on quantitation of drug candidates, metabolites and biomarkers in complex biological matrices to support drug discovery and development. The candidate is expected to develop, qualify/validate, and implement key bioanalytical assays for small molecules in fast moving and dynamic drug discovery/development environment. Additionally, this candidate also will help develop novel bioanalytical approaches to support non-small molecule platforms. The candidate will also be expected to provide expertise advice to other JNJ groups on challenging bioanalytical issues and solutions. The candidate is expected to show a strong ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with internal and external partners. The candidate will play a supporting role in enhancing the overall analytical capability of PDM organization and to represent Janssen for external scientific community.
Overall, this candidate is expected to play a key role in strengthening the bioanalytical method development capabilities for small molecule pipeline, and enhancing the bioanalysis innovation and issue-driven resolution for all programs. Applicants should be willing to learn new skills and constantly be challenged to improve processes.
- A Ph.D., preferably holding a Ph.D. degree in chemistry, biochemistry, biomedical sciences, or a related field. B.S. or M.S. with relevant experiences may substitute for education.
- Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience of liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry
- Hands-on experience with analysis of small molecules in complex biological matrices such as plasma and serum
- Hands-on experience with bioanalytical sample preparation skills, such as solid phase extraction, liquid-liquid extraction, immuno-affinity enrichment
- Knowledge and experience with bioanalysis method development and assay establishment
- Understanding of regulatory guidance for bioanalysis practice
- Good written and oral presentation capabilities
Experience with Peptide and Oligo Nucleotide a plus
- Experience with software for PK analysis (Phoenix)
- Understanding of drug discovery, biology, drug ADME and pharmacokinetics
- Able to solve complicated technical issues under minimal supervision.
- Problem solver who is highly organized with the ability to thrive in an environment with rapidly changing priorities
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)