Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 125,000 people in 60 countries throughout the world.
Calling all big thinkers and world-changers who want to drive their careers forward across more than 250 leading businesses in consumer, pharmaceuticals and medical technology. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, a member of the Johnson and Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for two Post-Doctoral Fellows in US Cardiovascular & Metabolism (CVM) Medical Affairs. These Fellows will focus on Field Medical (Medical Science Liaison - MSL) Strategy and Operations.
The two-year Fellowship within the US CVM Medical Affairs group is a postgraduate training program designed to prepare Fellows to become proficient in the strategic and operational activities in support of the CVM therapeutic area. They will be responsible for the development of externally-facing resources, internal scientific training, and operational support the MSL Team. The Fellow will have an opportunity to work across the broader Medical Affairs team as well as cross-functionally within the Janssen CVM portfolio.
We are seeking highly motivated, detailed, and diligent individuals who are flexible, dynamic, and able to work with autonomy. They will drive their individual project(s) forward while also contributing to the group as an integral team member.
Specific duties and goals include but are not limited to:
- Work alongside US CVM Medical Affairs Field Medical and Home Office colleagues supporting ongoing projects
- Assist in the development and execution of Field Medical Communication plans aligned with the broader CVM Medical Affairs strategy.
- Support the medical teams with scientific content for medical congresses, peer-reviewed publications, and development of resources for MSLs, key external meetings including advisory boards, scientific steering committee meetings etc.
- Become proficient in the development of internal medical training materials and education programs
- Gain exposure to development of integrated evidence generation plans to achieve a coordinated strategy to maximize value and development of an asset
- Gain understanding of different types of clinical trials conducted in USMA including company sponsored studies, investigator-initiated studies, and registries
- Be exposed to various other functions within the larger CVM Medical Affairs organization including MSL shadowing/ride along
- Develop a working knowledge of internal standard operating procedures (SOPs) as well as relevant FDA Guidance Documents for Industry
- Attend relevant training courses and/or workshops (internal or external) to enhance professional development
- PharmD degree (Must have been obtained or the applicant must currently be a candidate for their degree to be completed by date of hire to be considered)
- Ability to critically evaluate data from multiple sources (clinical trials, literature, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- The ability to collaborate across teams
- Detail oriented, organized, self-starter with a demonstrated track record of achievements
- Fluent in written and spoken English and a working knowledge of the use of Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- A strong alignment with ethical principles in Our Credo and a desire to be vital within a company where people are dedicated to patients.
- The drive to make a difference in global healthcare is essential.
- This position will be in Titusville, NJ and will require up to 10% domestic travel
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
United States-New Jersey-Titusville-
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC (6120)