Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
New Product Development Engineer II, Neurovascular
Requisition ID: 0268180119
Cerenovus, part of the Johnson and Johnson Medical Devices Companies is recruiting for a New Product Development Engineer II, Neurovascular, located in Miami, FL.
CERENOVUS, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, is a global leader in neurovascular care. Our commitment to changing the trajectory of stroke is inspired by our long heritage and dedication to helping physicians protect people from a lifetime of hardship. CERENOVUS offers a broad portfolio of devices used in the endovascular treatment of hemorrhagic and ischemic stroke.
Our implants and instruments are used by neurovascular specialists to diagnose and treat a wide range of disorders focusing on aneurysms, stroke and cerebral arteriovenous malformations. Our environment is entrepreneurial, learning-driven, and is as challenging as it is rewarding.
The Engineer II will be responsible for aspects of the product design and development of a project with a focus on innovative implantable medical devices that address the customer needs for a complete procedural solution. The successful candidate will be working within a cross-functional project team through all phases of the product development process, planning and executing projects through the product launch. The candidate will work closely with members of the project core team (marketing, manufacturing, quality, etc.) to define user needs, generate design concepts and prototypes, perform design evaluations (such as tolerance analysis, FEA, DOE's, simulated use testing, etc.), and support development of product and process validation plans and testing. The candidate will also be involved in test method development and testing of the proposed design.
The Engineer II will work with manufacturing engineering and suppliers to optimize designs for manufacturability and produce prototypes. The candidate should demonstrate an understanding in the application of design controls and development processes. The candidate should have the ability to prioritize tasks and manage a varied workload, exhibit strong written and verbal communication skills and interface effectively with others in the project team.
The individual will also be expected to develop an expert knowledge of our product lines and detailed knowledge of various anatomies and pathologies.
- A bachelor’s degree in mechanical, biomedical, electrical or chemical engineering is required.
- A minimum of 2 years’ related working experience or an advanced degree with 1 year of related working experience, co-op or internship is required.
- Experience in medical devices is required.
- Experience in product design, process development, device testing or prototyping is desirable.
- Experience working with physician customers is desirable.
- Capable of applying standard statistical practices and techniques in specific situations, and to adjust and correlate data and recognize discrepancies in results.
- Solid modeling experience is a plus.
- Capable of working independently on assigned project activities in a cross functional team environment.
- Must possess a good understanding of engineering fundamentals.
- Good written and oral English communication skills.
- This position is located in Miami, FL and requires up to 10% travel
domestically with the potential of international travel.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)
R&D Engineering (R&D)