Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Associate Scientist, CAR-T (1 of 2)
Spring House, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 0260190325
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Associate Scientist, CAR-T located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
Biotherapeutics works on projects from five Therapeutic Areas (TA) and enables discovery of new therapeutic concepts in collaboration with TA discovery counterparts. Utilizing highly specialized experience and knowledge, this position will be accountable for preclinical generation and characterization of chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T-cells for multiple CAR-T platforms. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to: daily maintenance of early- and late-stage CAR-T cells for in vitro and in vivo applications; assay design and execution to enable CAR-T cell platform development; providing functional and intellectual support to the CAR-T cell group within Biotherapeutics.
- Possess working knowledge of T-cell biology including markers of key T-cell subsets, effector cytokines, and exhaustion biomarkers.
- Isolation of primary human immune cells, including T-lymphocytes, from human blood and subsequent aseptic cell culture.
- Viral vector-based or electroporation-based modification of tumor cell lines and primary human T-cells.
- Phenotypically characterize genetically modified primary T-lymphocytes using flow cytometric instrumentation.
- Design and develop immunological assays to characterize genetically engineered CAR-T cells.
- Maintain an electronic lab notebook and contribute to support documentation in line with company standards.
- Support the CAR-T R&D team in Biotherapeutics to enable timely development and delivery of novel molecular entities to therapeutic area stakeholders.
- Ambitious and eager to take on temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description.
- B.Sc. with 3-7 years of T cell biology experience in academic or industrial background
- Ability to work independently with advanced flow cytometry equipment
- Expertise in mammalian cell culture, particularly with primary human T-cells, is essential
- Outstanding collaborative and communication skills
- Foster a working environment that encourages the company's commitment to equal employment opportunity and the value of a diverse work force
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-Welsh & McKean Roads
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)