Johnson & Johnson Careers
DREXEL VALUE ENGINEERING R&D CO-OP
Requisition ID: 0256180502
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting a Product Development Engineer Co-Op.
This position reports to the Value Engineering Team. The candidate will use their engineering knowledge to support the process of developing trauma orthopedics products. The candidate will use Creo 3.0 to layout and/or design surgical implants, instruments, test fixtures. They will contribute to the development of the products by drafting and running development tests. They will have an opportunity to work with product development engineers in support of a variety of verification activities including, but not limited to, drawing reviews, tolerance stack analysis, mechanical testing and finite element analysis. This position will also provide the candidate with the opportunity to attend cadaver labs.
- Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited college/university pursuing Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical
- Candidates must be available to work Full-time.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
- Demonstrated leadership is preferred.
- Candidates must be detail-oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Candidates must have the ability to work individually (independently) as well as on a team.
- Candidates need to be proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Power Point, and have strong oral and written communication skills. Additional technical competencies are highly desirable such as is experience with PTC Creo, mechanical testing, and medical device documentation.
- Candidates with academic and/or industrial product development experience are strongly preferred.
- A minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 is strongly preferred.
- Participation in campus/community service activities is desired.
United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester
Synthes USA Products, LLC (6317)