Johnson & Johnson Careers
DREXEL BIOMATERIALS R&D CO-OP
Requisition ID: 0251180821
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting a Biomaterials R&D Co-op. DePuy Synthes, Johnson & Johnson’s orthopedic medical device company, develops and markets implants and instruments for orthopedic trauma and reconstructive surgery.
The co-op position offered by DePuy Synthes is in the Biomaterials Research and Development group, which develops implants based on new materials technologies including polymers, ceramics, composites, and drug-device combination products. The Biomaterials R&D Co-op will work in a team environment, assisting scientists and engineers in our R&D laboratories to fabricate device prototypes, and conduct mechanical, chemical, biological, and simulated use testing to evaluate device performance.
- The co-op will conduct experiments and provide data, results analysis, and reports to project teams in a timeline driven process and will contribute to the efficient operation of R&D laboratories.
- The co-op will exercise technical judgment in the design, execution and interpretation of experiments, and use professional concepts to solve complex problems in creative and effective ways.
- The co-op will maintain a laboratory notebook and other technical documentation according to required guidelines.
- The co-op may be asked to provide other project or product support as needed to support Synthes’ business objectives.
- This position requires work in a Biosafety Level 2 lab
- This position is a full-time position, 40 hours per week, located in West Chester, PA, and requires less than 5% travel.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate engineering or science program.
- The candidate should have an interest in chemistry, biology, materials science, or medical device design and testing.
- The successful candidate will have strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills and should be observant and be able to think creatively.
- The candidate should be able to learn quickly and work independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Prior experience in conducting laboratory experiments is preferred
- A GPA of 3.0 or greater is preferred
United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester-
Synthes USA Products, LLC (6317)