Johnson & Johnson Careers
San Lorenzo, Puerto Rico
Requisition ID: 0237190722
Ethicon LLC, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting a Process Technician for the facility located in San Lorenzo, PR.
Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 60 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer
As the Process Technician, you will:
• Assist in the installation, debugging, troubleshooting, qualification, and training of new equipment. Support Maintenance Engineers and provide solutions to recurrent maintenance and operational problems.
• Assist Process Engineer in installation, qualification and validation of equipment, and in Computer Software Validations (CSV)
• Assist in the startup of new manufacturing equipment. Serve as trainer for new and/or modified equipment.
• Optimize and improve manufacturing systems as required (e.g., modifications of programmable logic controller, development of new techniques).
• Craft, design and perform electrical installation of new production equipment in accordance with layout requirements.
• Assist the Process & Maintenance Engineer in providing technical support to the Production area in evaluating process/equipment deficiencies, failures & modifications.
• Perform electrical - PLC & vision systems troubleshooting as required. Solving, repair & programming of Adept & Mitsubishi Robots.
• Lead and train process and manufacturing mechanics in the operation and maintenance of production equipment.
• Support the Engineering team and the ETHICON Production System (EPS) by identifying, evaluating and resolving problems.
• Support manufacturing in the day-to-day troubleshooting situations and actively participates on Integrated Production Team’s (IPT).
• Perform other work-related duties as assigned by supervisor/facilitator.
• An Associate’s or higher Degree in Industrial Automation, Electronics or Electricity is required; Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Automation, Electronics or Electricity degree is preferred.
• Must have a minimum of six (6) years of overall experience.
• Experience as a Process Technician or equivalent role is required.
• Experience within the manufacturing regulated industry is highly preferred.
• Experience programming and troubleshooting PLCs (e.g. Allen Bradley, Siemens) is required.
• Must be computer-literate in the use of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook). Experience working with maintenance applications systems (e.g. Maximo) is highly preferred.
• Must be proficient in English and Spanish (written and oral).
• Availability to work in any assigned shift is required.
• Must be able to work in extra hours, at night or on week-ends and irregular shifts, as per business needs.
• The position requires up to ten percent (10%) of domestic travel.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-Puerto Rico-San Lorenzo-
Ethicon Endo Surgery, LLC (7597)