Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Senior Director, Investor Relations, to be based in New Brunswick, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 133 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $81 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 134,200 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
The Senior Director, Investor Relations reports to the Vice President, Investor Relations and has significant responsibility for developing and executing the global investor relation’s strategy. This person will play a prominent role in setting investor communications strategy and messages, advising and influencing operating company management on issues affecting disclosure of material information to external and internal audiences and preparing senior management for investor interaction. In addition, this person will help manage day-to-day relationships with shareholders and sell-side analysts and act as a corporate spokesperson with the investor community.
This position requires a highly motivated and creative individual who thinks strategically. This individual must have the ability to distill complex issues into succinct, actionable decisions using sound judgment. Must have strong partnering and influencing skills. Must be proactive in anticipating needs of senior management and responsive to investor requests. Should be able to perform effectively in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Each member of the Investor Relations department must act as a spokesperson for the entire enterprise including Pharmaceuticals, Medical Devices and Diagnostics and Consumer Segments.
- The position specifically supports the pharmaceutical business and will provide day to day support as it relates to the investment community and liaise with senior leaders in the Pharmaceutical business and members of the Executive Committee.
- Provide on-going, direct interface with the investment community to help educate institutional investors and research analysts regarding the Company's operating results and business strategies, and the effects of special developments from the Company and/or its peers (including acquisitions and divestitures, restructurings, legal decisions, share repurchases, pipeline developments, etc).
- Conduct investor meetings/conference calls/presentations to external and internal groups.
- Act as an internal consultant for the Company to bring a wealth of industry and competitor information and perspectives from the investment community to senior management.
- Harmonize communications strategy across operating companies. Cross-fertilize successful ideas and strategies amongst different operating companies to assist in achieving communications objectives that are consistent throughout the Company.
- Partner with legal, communications, finance, business development, regulatory, research and development and marketing to acquire extensive knowledge base on all aspects of the Company’s product portfolio and business strategy.
- Work closely with finance team to analyze financial results and compile important statistics and other relevant information for use during the quarterly earnings announcement and conference call, and throughout the quarter during regular discussions with investors.
- Work closely with operating company and corporate communications departments to provide guidance on disclosure obligations, financial analysts’ perspective and coordination of media and investment community communications.
- Partner with business development teams on licensing and acquisition communications strategy including liaison with buyers/sellers.
Prepare and coordinate quarterly earnings, special event and large-scale business segment analyst meetings. Key participant in development of overall strategy and message for Investor Business Review meetings that showcase breadth and depth of pharmaceutical pipeline. Prepare investor materials such as presentations, earnings press releases and conference call scripts, SEC filings, and information kits. Conduct analyst calls with senior management as needed.
- Host senior management participation at multiple healthcare conferences. Prepare presentations and Q&A. Participate in investor meetings with senior management. Manage requests for road show and conference participation, as well as corporate visits.
- Monitor and assess changes and trends in the ownership of Johnson & Johnson’s stock
Brief the Executive Office and Senior Management, and offer counsel on matters affecting Johnson & Johnson’s relationships with the investment community and individual shareholders.
Develop key investment messages regarding financial performance, business conditions, strategies, and growth fundamentals with the Executive Team.
- Represent the Executive Office as the key liaison between external investor audiences and Johnson & Johnson.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Finance.
- A minimum of 10 years of total work experience with direct investor relations or comparable experiences in Corporate Finance is required.
- Healthcare industry experience, especially in Pharmaceutical and Biotech is preferred.
- MS Office skills required.
- Must have strong written and oral communications skills, a solid understanding of corporate financials, public company accounting and regulatory issues, as well as the equity markets.
- Must have the ability to analyze the competitive and economic dynamics affecting the business.
- Must exhibit strong professionalism and be comfortable around senior management.
- The ability to develop relationships and inspire confidence, trust, and respect from internal and external contacts, as well as maintain a dialogue and open communication with them is required.
- Strong collaboration skills and the ability to work well in a small team environment required.
- The ability to maintain professionalism in stressful situations, and prioritize and multi-task well is required.
- This position is located in New Brunswick, NJ.
- Up to approximately 25% travel may be required; however most are short duration including NYC.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick-
Johnson & Johnson (6067)