Johnson & Johnson Careers
Software Test and Verification Manager, Surgical Robotics
Requisition ID: 0219190723
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is hiring a Software Test and Verification Manager, Surgical Robotics to be located in Boston, MA or Providence, RI.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.
The Digital Orthopedic Surgery team is bringing innovation to patient care. We are using robotics and digital tools for surgical teams to increase the performance, accuracy, and safety of surgical procedures. We are creating an extensible operating room ecosystem to support our surgical products. Our vision is to create a process of continuous improvement through analysis of intra-operative and post-operative surgical data. We are dedicated to improving patient outcomes through the advancement of medical technology. This role will manage approximately five to ten full-time employees on our Software team. As Software Verification Manager you will work on a multi-disciplinary team to deliver production medical systems.
In this role, you will lead the efforts of our surgical robotics team to bring to market products of the highest quality and commercial potential. You will work alongside others on multiple software development teams to align on a rigorous development approach. Surgeons use our software to operate surgical robots and support hospital staff use it to execute their duties. Through collaboration and open feedback, you will ensure that the team is dedicated to excellence.
You will define testing strategy for the software organization and will develop the test engineering team's capabilities, including testing facilities. You will devise comprehensive verification test plans and work with other leaders on organizational priorities. Your collaboration with software development professionals and quality engineers will ensure our products meet exacting standards. You will coach the team in using best practices and help standardize tools and processes.
As a manager, this person will provide support and guidance to several test engineers and other specialists. This includes regularly scheduled conversations, the performance review process, and talent development. Recruitment activities, interviewing strategy, and hiring will also be part of the role.
- Provides technical leadership of the test engineering team in our digital orthopaedic surgery organization.
- Manages five to ten reports, primarily test engineering professionals. Builds team cohesion and nurtures individual development.
- Agile leadership with cross-disciplinary teams, encouraging low barriers between groups and individuals
- Development of a test engineering strategy, in particular as it relates to verification and validation of medical device software and system integration testing
- Developing integration testing scenarios
- Writing and executing test cases ensuring that they meet provided requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Effective testing of applications during the Software Development Lifecycle including design, implementation, and execution.
- Ensuring the consistent use of our Quality Management System tools and to document Software Verification Protocols and test results.
- A Bachelor's degree is required for this position; A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering is a plus.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in technology and software development and/or testing is required.
- Technology team leadership experience is required.
- Experience working as a people manager in a large organization is a strong plus.
- Experience working with/on Robotics product development teams is preferred.
- Experience leading medical device verification teams is highly preferred.
- Familiarity with medical device software regulations such as IEC 62304 and ISO 14971 and other FDA guidelines is highly preferred.
- Experience working with medical devices and medical device software is highly preferred.
- Experience with reviewing and revising test plans, including verification of input requirements, is required.
- Understanding of test automation technologies such as Selenium, Squish, and scripted solutions is preferred.
- Experience with Quality Assurance related aspects of the software development lifecycle from development to deployment highly preferred.
- Familiarity with common programming languages such as C++, C#, and Python is a plus.
- Experience scripting test cases using the BDD/Gherkin format is preferred.
- Experience with continuous integration implementations is desired.
- Experience with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) in an Agile software development environment is preferred.
- Experience using a tool or repository for managing test cases is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills is required.
- This position will be located in Boston, MA or Providence, RI and may require up to 15-20% travel depending on business needs. Please note – the expectation is for this role to split time between both locations and may spend up to 3 days per week in the Boston office if located in Providence, RI.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
North America-United States-Rhode Island-Providence
DePuy Synthes Products, Inc (6149)