Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Manager, Category Lead - IT Procurement Application Development & Maintenance
Requisition ID: 0217180502
Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Senior Manager, Category Lead - IT Procurement Application Development & Maintenance located any of the following locations: Raritan, NJ, New Brunswick, NJ, Bridgewater, NJ, Titusville, NJ, Somerset, NJ, or Skillman, NJ.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, caring for the world one person at a time, has inspired and united people for 125 years. We welcome research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Our employees work with partners in healthcare to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Thriving with a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The SenSenior Manager, Category Lead - IT Procurement Application Development & Maintenance will be responsible for leading a Procurement organization in support of approximately $50 to $200 million in spend for Johnson & Johnson Companies. This spend is medium to low complex in nature and requires a collaboration with key stakeholders within the business to execute. This individual will identify, develop and direct the implementation of Procurement goals and strategy. Plan and direct the organization’s activities and deliver against targets for financial performance, quality, and service and compliance adherence.
It will provide Global and Regional Leadership for developing end-to-end category leadership such as category strategy development, maintaining key relationships within the business and managing key supplier relationships. The position must shape, connect and lead resources to deliver on key projects.
- Develop and drive the Procurement vision for, with and through the stakeholder community.
- Developing the vision, strategy and implementation plan for a specific category or categories of spend that will effectively meet the long-range requirements of the business partners and deliver the maximum value for J&J
- Interface directly with CEO’s and other supplier leadership to assure alignment of JNJ’s objectives are met, including quality, reliability, innovation and cost.
- Understands operational considerations. Identifies business demand requirements and partners with Business Engagement Leads to deliver annual value improvements and drives competitive advantage.
- Understand long range requirements of the business partners and engage in strategic planning and partnering to ensure alignment
- Deliver on financial, service, reliability, quality, innovation, and growth commitments
- Build and maintain relationships throughout JNJ that results in dynamic interactive dialogue on a broad range of perspectives and information critical to the development of optimal approaches and solutions
- Develop deep supplier relationships with strategic suppliers to include data review and analysis, performance management and development and improvement of end to end value, and bring innovation to the business
- Identify, develop and direct the implementation of Procurements goals and category strategies, based on deep subject matter expertise and an informal understanding of industry/market dynamics
- Escalate issues that may impact the Global Procurement organization.
- Develop and execute Procurement strategies that are aligned with the business/sector needs
- Manage supplier relationships, communicate changes to category strategy, execute joint collaborative initiatives, and monitor supplier contract negotiations
- Ensure execution of category strategies to include: sourcing strategy execution, negotiations, contract implementation and performance against established targets
- Facilitate the development, implementation, and maintenance of processes, policies, guidelines, Standard Operating Procedures, and Business Operating Principles
- Conduct performance reviews/serve as People Manager for Subordinate Leads
- Lead team meetings and provide updates to Global Procurement Leadership
- Manage & prioritize portfolio of Procurement segment (Pharm, MD&D and/or Consumer) specific initiatives
- A Bachelor’s Degree in business-related discipline, Procurement, or another related field is required.
- A minimum of 8 years of related business experience is required
- People management/direct reports experience is required
- Prior Sourcing experience in a Procurement environment is required
- Broad-based understanding of business operations and practices and core Procurement areas of focus (Spend Management: Category Management and Supplier Management).
- Strong leadership, communication, influencing, collaboration and talent development skills are required
- Able to prioritize requests, and propose effective cost/customer service alternatives when necessary.
- Ability to show judgment in developing new approaches and resolving issues
- Customer Orientation (building and maintaining strong relationships with J&J senior Management)
- Ability to show strategic thinking
- Strong project management skills are required
- Strong Business Acumen
- Strong verbal and written communication skill with ability to confidently present complex information
- Ability to continuously improve the organization
- Able to perform up to 20% domestic and/or international travel
- Experience in multiple roles across a variety of functional specialties including general management, R&D, Marketing, Supply Chain or a Technical filed
- A minimum of 5 years of experience within a Procurement environment is preferred
- Strong level of proficiency with core Procurement skills (e.g., supplier management and performance, supply market analysis, Category Management, Procurement Excellence, etc.)
- Strong level of credibility with internal customers, and with the supplier community
- Successfully lead cross-functional teams is preferred
- Demonstrated flexibility and willingness to respond to changes in the external environment, while ensuring the organization is able to effectively and efficiently move through transitions
United States-New Jersey-Raritan
North America-United States-New Jersey-Bridgewater, North America-United States-New Jersey-Skillman, North America-United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick, North America-United States-New Jersey-Somerville, North America-United States-New Jersey-Titusville
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)