Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Manager, Manufacturing Engineering ~Vision Care
Requisition ID: 0216180502
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Manager, Manufacturing Engineering to be located in Jacksonville, Florida.
Johnson & Johnson Vision is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world’s first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, it has been helping patients see better through their world-leading ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses. In 2017, J&J expanded into cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery (LASIK) and consumer eye health and now serves more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries with its eye health portfolio. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The successful candidate will be an integral member of the Manufacturing Engineering Leadership Team driving a High-Performance culture enabling and supporting the growth of base business as well as new product introductions. This role is recognized within the organization as being of key strategic importance in terms of enabling the business to remain competitive and grow market share.
A vital part of this success is the ability to not only maintain the complex, highly automated manufacturing systems, but identify and drive technical solutions that deliver real improvement against business goals and objectives. This involves keeping up with the ever-changing technological environment and equipment changes, but also requires the skills to deliver seamless upgrades to respond to obsolescence and product changes.
The successful candidate will lead and oversee innovative change across all manufacturing assets through both equipment upgrades and equipment optimization. You will utilize Lean, Six Sigma, manufacturing asset management and reliability engineering tools and techniques to optimize manufacturing equipment throughput, cycle-time, yield as well as reliability, availability, longevity, operational safety and overall total cost of ownership.
As a Credo leader, you will proactively challenge existing paradigms leading to breakthrough business improvement initiatives aligned to the strategic business plan. You will engage, inspire, empower, and coach a highly competent team, and collaborate both horizontally and vertically across functions, sites and the overall enterprise to enable year over year growth, new products, process simplification and technology development.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
You will be responsible for providing Engineering Management in the field of Manufacturing Engineering with specific ownership for the following:
- Provides a strong leadership style which reflects the standards and expectations outlined in the Johnson & Johnson Credo
- Provide overall leadership to the Manufacturing Engineering group setting operational strategies and establishing business focused goals and objectives
- Conducts and serves as a lead/coordinator of investigations and corrective and preventative action (CAPA) recommendations related to Engineering to address Quality, Technical, and Manufacturing issues (Audit Actions, NC’s, etc.)
- Applies data analysis techniques including statistical process control (SPC) and six sigma (6σ) methodology to resolve and prevent equipment failures and issues that adversely affect manufacturing in the areas of capacity, quality / compliance or cost
- Utilize reliability engineering tools such as Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM), Risk Based Inspections (RBI), RCFA, and PPM Plan optimizations, to maximize equipment reliability and minimize life cycle cost
- Lead analysis of assets that includes asset utilization, overall equipment effectiveness (OEE), remaining useful life, and other analysis that define operating condition, reliability and cost of assets
- Coordinates and provides direction and assistance on resolution of complex issues, compliance issues and potential problems related to Planning, Operations, Quality and Engineering Operations.
- Ensures site and function operates in accordance with department SOPs which meet regulatory and cGMP standards.
- Development, recommendation and oversee management of capital investments up to $500K and project spending budgets. Support project structure sanctioned by the business to deliver projects over $500K.
- Establishes and manages Key Performance Indicators to measure functional and / or asset base performance and effectiveness. Continually improves business and operative processes to reduce cost and improve compliance.
- Develop and maintain, quarter by quarter, individual engineering goals which align to the strategic business Goals & Objectives for the entire engineering team.
- Develop and implement the manufacturing strategy and technology roadmap including convergence of IT/OT technologies (e.g. Factory of the Future).,
- Lead the development of the manufacturing asset replacement strategy applying value analysis to repair/replace and repair/redesign decisions. Incorporate results into the Fleet Strategy, Site Master Plan and capital budget and five-year capital plan.
- Responsible for all technical and professional talent development for the Engineering team. Ensure the skills, capabilities and talents of the Engineering team are effectively leveraged.
- Recruits, develops, manages, and motivates highly trained Engineering Professionals to ensure an engaged and effective work force.
- Keep up to date on new developments and technologies in assigned disciplines and present on new ‘Best Practice’ methodologies, procedures, processes and equipment to the company in a proactive manner.
- Ensure the Manufacturing Engineering function conforms to Corporate, Franchise, Statutory, Legislative and Regulatory requirements for GMP, EHS & Quality.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering or Science discipline is required. Advanced degree (MS or MBA) is preferred.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of related work experience is required.
- Previous work experience in a highly automated manufacturing environment is required.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience leading and developing engineers or high professional experts is required.
- Prior experience in a cGXP environment within the medical device or FDA-regulated industry is strongly preferred.
- Experience managing a cost center with profit and loss responsibility preferred.
- Experience managing and executing business process changes and change initiatives preferred.
- Previous experience managing Projects and /or a PMP Certification strongly preferred.
- Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing certification is a big plus for this role.
- International Global collaboration experience highly desired.
This position will be located Jacksonville, FL. This position could have up to 15% travel both domestic and/or international.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)