Johnson & Johnson Careers
Associate Scientist II, Reagent Generation/Exploratory Biology
Requisition ID: 0209180502
Janssen Research & Development, LLC., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for an Associate Scientist, Reagent Generation/Exploratory Biology located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Biotech, Inc. delivers on the promise of new treatments and ways to improve the health of individuals with serious disease. Built upon a legacy of innovative firsts, Janssen Biotech pursues advancing patient care with immunology and oncology solutions. Please visit www.JanssenBiotech.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Associate Scientist II, Reagent Generation Group is a position at Springhouse, PA. The Associate Scientist II will be a member of a research group focused on the design and production of protein, DNA, and cell reagents in support of the discovery of therapeutic candidates for projects in a variety of therapeutic areas including immunology, oncology, cardiovascular, neurosciences, and infectious and metabolic diseases.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for the identification, manipulation, and characterization of mammalian cell lines to support both the discovery and characterization of therapeutic candidates. Additionally, this role will involve the maintenance of cell inventories. Applicants with experience in and a proven track record with cell and molecular biology, mammalian cell engineering, and protein biochemistry will be most desirable. The Associate Scientist II will:
- Assist in the production, characterization, maintenance of transient and stable mammalian cell lines engineered to overexpress or not express a specific molecular target
- Maintain mammalian cell lines to support other functional groups within Biologics Discovery
- Perform routine cryopreservation and banking of above cell lines
- Characterize protein surface expression by flow cytometry
- Maintain up to date lab notebook documentation
- Promptly and independently summarize and communicate effectively results to other team members and stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree in Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Cell and Molecular Biology or a related field with a minimum of 4 years of laboratory experience OR a Master’s in Biotechnology Biochemistry, Cell and Molecular Biology or a related field with a minimum of 3 years of laboratory experience is required
- Strong background in cell and molecular biology, tissue culture, and flow cytometry is required
- Industry experience is required
- Knowledge of mammalian cell culture is required
- Experience with cationic lipid-mediated transient transfection, lentiviral transduction, and CRISPR/Cas gene editing to produce monoclonal engineered mammalian cell lines is preferred
- Experience with cryopreservation and cell banking is preferred
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)