Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Customer Development Manager
Fort Washington, Pennsylvania; Boston, Massachusetts; Skillman, New Jersey; Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 0208180502
Johnson & Johnson Consumer, Inc, a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies, is currently recruiting a Customer Development Manager calling on Ahold Delhaize USA. This position will sit in Ft. Washington, PA with considerations made for Skillman, NJ, Boston, MA and Harrisburg, PA.
Johnson & Johnson Consumer, Inc, a division of Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies, Inc., provides sales, marketing and logistical services to U.S. retail customers on behalf of the U.S. consumer companies. It represents one point of contact with our customers for selling teams, customer service, distribution, retail merchandising and professional detailing. It develops and markets baby care, oral care, wound care and skin care products that address the needs of consumer and healthcare professionals and incorporates the latest innovations. The portfolio includes heritage brands JOHNSON'S® Baby, Listerine, BAND-AID® TYLENOL® Brands as well as leading beauty and skin care brands such as NEUTROGENA®, AVEENO® and more.
The Manager, Customer Development (CDM) is the key daily interface responsible for the customer relationship. The CDM has direct selling responsibility and is accountable for achieving shipment goals and consumption sales objectives by managing an assigned product group(s) at a customer team.
• The incumbent develops and executes customer-specific business plans that support and are aligned to customer and marketing strategies.
• This role monitors key metrics to track progress and adjusts the plan as needed to deliver results.
• The CDM manages a trade promotional budget for optimal ROI and ensures internal/external alignment, while growing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders.
• The CDM may be assigned up to two direct reports and is accountable for the talent management and development for these team members.
• Developing and executing business plans to deliver sales results, including maximized volume potential, increased merchandising effectiveness, growth of product group(s), and brand share
• Responsibility for accurate forecasting of monthly sales by franchise and/or brand and special packs/displays
• Leading annual business planning process within assigned account(s)
• Leverages business analytics to influence customer and company decision making at top-to-top levels
• Utilizing internal/customer business systems to manage and maximize plans (i.e., LYNX and EDGE)
• Regularly reconciles payments and updates promotional plans to remain within budget
• Creating impactful, insights-based presentations in order to translate sales objectives into customer strategy and business plans around distribution, merchandising, promotion, and planogram placement
• Serves as “voice of customer” to the company in order to address customer needs and accomplish goals and objectives, including launch of new items and optimal 4P execution
• Influencing across the organization to ensure full alignment to the customer/company business plan and drive long-term business objectives
• Managing trade spend to stay within budget and to maximize ROI
• Creating, establishing and/or managing customer-specific scorecards to monitor sales progress and identify and close sales gaps; serving in the role of expert on assigned product group(s) and designs innovative programs that generate a win-win outcome
• Providing input into the development of junior team members
• Complying with company policies and procedures at all times
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or related field is required
• Minimum of six (6) years prior consumer sales-related experience is required
• Minimum of two (2) years of direct sales experience is required
• Broad experience across sales, operations, trade, and category, shopper and eCommerce roles is preferred
• Experience calling on Ahold Delhaize or other FDM retailers is preferred
• Strong analytical background is preferred
• Ability to prioritize and successfully manage multiple projects/initiatives is required
• Ability to work in a matrix environment is required
• Syndicated data experience is required
• Ability to interpret and communicate complex business data is required
• Ability to manage conflict and negotiate successfully is required
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships is required
• Strong computer skills, including MS Office Suite applications, sales database, and web applications are required
• This position will require up to 50% domestic travel
BE VITAL in your career, Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
United States-Pennsylvania-Fort Washington
North America-United States-Massachusetts-Boston, North America-United States-New Jersey-Skillman, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Harrisburg
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)