Johnson & Johnson Careers
Strategic Sourcing Chemicals Lead
Requisition ID: 0202181214
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for Strategic Sourcing Chemicals Lead. The position will be based in Skillman, New Jersey.
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products Company Division of Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies, Inc. develops and markets baby care, wound care and skin care products that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals and incorporate the latest innovations. The portfolio includes chemicals raw materials applied to heritage brands such as JOHNSON’S® Baby, LISTERINE, AVEENO® and CLEAN & CLEAR®.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Strategic Sourcing Chemicals Lead is responsible for managing multiple aspects of the Strategic Sourcing relationship with selected Suppliers (moderate spend, moderate complexity, single-category scope), including financial performance and budget compliance, sourcing strategy development and implementation, negotiation of Supply Agreements and other legal documents, support for innovation and capability building, support of market engagement events and collaboration across numerous internal functions to drive supplier strategy in alignment with overall organizational goals. You could support global category teams and/or global Source initiatives.
You will also lead projects and business initiatives in support to the NPI process, aiming to optimize product launches.
The role has a high impact for the J&J Consumer business in ensuring that our Chemical suppliers produce raw materials that are of consistent and high levels of quality, are delivered with acceptable service performance and are procured in a cost-effective way, to drive overall best value for the organization.
To be successful, the Strategic Sourcing Chemicals Lead must:
- Have knowledge of the suppliers, markets and business context within their scope
- Be an excellent collaborator within the Supply Chain organization (Internal and External Manufacturing Plants, Planning), Marketing, Quality, RMC, Legal and ad hoc project teams
- Demonstrate inspired leadership with the ability to influence others to engage in projects and to drive business deliverables
- Demonstrate analytical skills and the ability to problem solve / drive process improvements
- People and Organizational Leadership
- Drive goals against business imperatives by leading and participating on cross-functional teams
- Be a leader and key influencer within the North America Consumer SC Procurement team
- Sourcing Strategy Deployment
- Support the design and implementation of local/regional sourcing strategies, or support global sourcing strategies, that deliver best Total Value for the J&J Consumer Group of Companies and J&J customers for assigned commodities/sourcing groups
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Accountable for defining and ensuring competent management of suppliers within scope of control
- Accountable for crisis resolution through early escalation and deployment of internal resources
- Lead SRM activities for suppliers within scope of control
- Access to Innovation/Sustainability
- Support efforts to identify and implement product or technology innovation from Suppliers (via Supplied Enabled Innovation, Partner Enabled Development, or other means)
- Cost and Complexity Reduction
- Analyze complex supplier proposals and use decision-making tools/models, including financial and non-financial criteria, to facilitate award recommendations.
- Conduct comprehensive supplier analysis and screening (strategic direction, financial due diligence, market position, power within industry, capabilities & capacity, risk assessment).
- Drive supplier diversity opportunities where applicable
- Identify cost improvement opportunities, drive through feasibility and resource alignment discussions and assure execution timelines and tracking of delivered savings
- Own and proactively manage overall financial performance in a number of key areas, including inflation, OCNIS and J&J driven cost, for all suppliers within scope of control.
- Compliance and Contract Management
- Support organization to negotiate appropriate supply terms and agreements for Suppliers that best meet the needs and risks posed to J&J.
- Ensure Supplier compliance towards all J&J requirements (Regulatory, Health & Safety, Environment, Sustainability, QA, Sarbanes-Oxley, contract compliance) with support of operational teams.
- Represent J&J extensively with suppliers and must maintain strict discipline with regard to confidential/sensitive information and must maintain strongest code of ethics.
- The Strategic Sourcing Chemicals Lead will be interfacing and negotiating with levels of management and peers in other functional groups within J&J (cross-sector, cross-region, in company).
- A Bachelor’s Degree (Procurement / Supply Chain/Economics/Business/Science/Engineering or related fields) is required
- Demonstrated experience working in a cross-functional environment is required
- A minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience is required
- Strong working knowledge and proven results in Strategic Sourcing/Procurement or Finance is preferred
- Experience working with / leading global teams is preferred
- Ability to perform up to 10% domestic and/or international travel is required
United States-New Jersey-Skillman-
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)