Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 0189180821
Ethicon, Inc., part of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is recruiting for an Instrument Mechanic located in Somerville, NJ.
The Ethicon business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies-including sutures, hemostasis products, surgical staplers, trocars, energy devices and synthetic mesh devices-that are used in a wide variety of open and minimally invasive surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women's health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon business combines products and services of two market leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of surgery.
Thriving with a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Instrument Mechanic will be responsible for calibrating, maintaining, troubleshooting, and installing mechanical, pneumatic and electronic process instrumentation.
• Work in a highly regulated environment, calibrating instrumentation systems utilized by Production and Research & Development (R&D) equipment.
• Ensure adherence to established performance levels and product quality.
• Complete documentation accurately to maintain traceability for all devices.
• Enter all calibration/maintenance activities according to regulatory requirements to ensure Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and Quality System Regulation (QSR) compliance.
• Interact with Production and R&D departments to perform calibrations by due dates.
• Cross craft lines, as assigned by the Company, and will be expected to perform the work of multiple functions.
• Approved vocational, technical or apprenticeship training is required.
• A minimum of 5 years of process and/or analytical instrumentation experience is required.
• American Society for Quality (ASQ) CCT or Precision Measurement Equipment Laboratory (PMEL) certification preferred.
• Knowledge of control theory and metrology basics required.
• Prior experience in a GMP, GLP, ISO, QSR or other regulated industry is preferred.
• Experience with calibration software (e.g. Maximo) preferred.
• Basic computer skills required.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) is preferred.
• Must be a team player and have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Must have the ability to work with minimal technical supervision.
• Must have the ability to interact and communicate effectively with other functional professionals (i.e. R&D, Production, Engineering) at all levels.
United States-New Jersey-Somerville
Ethicon Inc. (6045)