Johnson & Johnson Careers
Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacometrics Summer Intern
Spring House, Pennsylvania; Raritan, New Jersey; Titusville, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 0188181214
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacometrics Summer Interns at its Spring House, PA, Raritan, NJ, and Titusville, NJ sites.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in immunology, oncology, neuroscience, infectious diseases & vaccines, pulmonary hypertension, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.JanssenRnD.com for more information.
Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacometrics (CPP) department is an integrated part of the Quantitative Science organization within Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C. We work in cross-disciplinary compound development teams and apply clinical pharmacology principles and pharmacometrics methodologies across the R&D portfolio to enable optimal decision-making in drug development at the earliest time point and in the most efficient manner.
CPP Summer Internships are available for undergraduate and postgraduate students majoring in science related disciplines such as Pharmacology, Pharmacokinetics, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Molecular biology, Biostatistics, Engineering or a related discipline. Students will have the opportunity to work with clinical pharmacologist and pharmacometricians and to learn about application of applied science in pharmaceutical R&D settings. Our teams benefit from the student's academic training and in turn contribute to the further professional development of the student as well as have a first-hand opportunity to evaluate the student's potential for future employment.
The CPP Summer Interns will be involved in various activities to support Research and Development in areas ranging from preclinical to early/late stage clinical development, including:
- Literature review
- Data analysis of PK, biomarker, preclinical and/or clinical data, trial design, etc.
- Pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic model building and analyses
- Development of computer programs or state-of-the-art quantitative methodologies within the modeling and simulation framework
- Meta-analysis integrating external publicly available data with in-house data
- Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited college/university pursuing (not necessarily taking classes) and pursuing a major in life science related discipline such as Pharmacology, Pharmacokinetics, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Molecular biology, Biostatistics, Engineering, and Medicine.
- Candidates must be available for 10-12 weeks from May - August and have the ability to work full-time during that time.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership is preferred.
- Candidate must be able to provide his/her own transportation to/from their work location.
- Candidate must be eligible to work in the US at the time of, and for the duration of their employment and will be required to furnish evidence of US-work authorization.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
North America-United States-New Jersey-Raritan, North America-United States-New Jersey-Titusville
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)