Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Senior Laboratory Manager, Bio Therapeutics located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal.
The Senior Laboratory Manager will have responsibility for the overall management of the scientific laboratory operations and facilities within the JBio Compliance, Scientific Systems & Laboratory Operations group. You will collaborate with senior and laboratory Biologics staff/scientists to ensure laboratory facilities, equipment and systems are functionally operational. Responsibilities include oversight and scheduling of equipment maintenance and repairs, coordinating supplier/vendor relationships and collaborating with scientists for the planning and integration of new technology and automation. This individual is the primary operations person to manage the facility from a strategic operation and emergency response perspective. This role will also be the primary collaborator with internal EH&S, Business Operations, Facility Operations and Security functions. Responsibilities include:
- Maintain laboratory compliance to established guidance.
- Ensure routine scheduled maintenance of equipment is performed on time.
- Lead or participate in process improvement teams.
- Review, author and update department SOPs as required.
- Coordinate with external vendors and project teams to maintain contracts for necessary supplies and equipment service.
- Conduct department training.
- Ensure general lab safety inspections are conducted and participate in audits (internal compliance, QA system audits, etc.) as needed.
- Maintain department freezers and oversee daily stocking of lab supplies within ready access for lab analysts.
- Maintain appropriate lines of communication as 24/7 primary contact for emergency response.
Manage cold storage for business unit in a matrixed environment
- Bachelor’s degree in science or other relevant discipline with at least 5 years’ experience (required) and a Master’s degree (preferred) or equivalent training/experience. At least 5 years of pharmaceutical or related industry experience is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Effective organization, communication and customer service.
- Ability to work and prioritize with competing priorities.
- Experience or understanding of concepts in a tissue culture laboratory.
- Thorough understanding of general laboratory safety and compliance.
- Prior lab experience on the bench and/or lab management experience.
- Familiarity with concepts such as flowcytometry, cellular imaging, lab automation, etc. is preferred, but not required.
May work with potentially infectious samples of human and/or animal origin.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)