Johnson & Johnson Careers
Director, Franchise Health Economics & Market Access (HEMA)
Requisition ID: 0179180819
Ethicon Inc., part of the Medical Devices sector
within Johnson & Johnson, is recruiting for a Director, Franchise Health
Economics & Market Access (HEMA),
The primary responsibility for this position will be supporting the
Ethicon Energy business.
The Director, Franchise Health Economics & Market Access (HEMA), will work in close collaboration with R&D and Global Strategic Marketing to ensure competitive advantage and market access of Ethicon Energy products in a value-based global healthcare market by developing and executing systematic strategies that integrate health economics, outcomes research and market access solutions across all stages of the product lifecycle.
The Director, Health Economics & Market Access (HEMA) will also be responsible for the following:
- Supports the business objectives of the Energy business with dedicated responsibility for specific technology platforms
- Is accountable for supporting Innovation/R&D, Global Strategic Marketing and Strategy and Execution for the US Energy Market.
- Partners with multiple internal & external stakeholders to deliver against the business unit strategy;
- Works to ensure market access requirements are understood and built into the product pipeline through Target Product Profiles and value propositions that reflect the needs of non-clinical stakeholders;
- Supports the development and execution of lifecycle evidence of value and market access strategies that enable market access and commercial success;
- Works collaboratively with regional HEMA teams to identify evidentiary requirements and potential barriers to access;
- Champions the payer/ providers from a value requirement perspective by consolidating and distilling requirements from regional and key geography partners;
- Drives evidence generation from clinical programs and real-world evidence sources to substantiate and sustain product value proposition;
- Partners with regions and key geographies to ensure value messages are clearly cascaded and supported by appropriate tools and evidence;
- Leads the planning and execution of health economic and outcomes studies to support the businesses and direct the development of global market access strategies in support of business unit and or technology platform objectives;
- Manages research activities that include but are not limited to burden of illness, retrospective database studies, creation of global economic models and value messaging, patient reported outcomes development and analysis, interpretation of economic, satisfaction and QoL endpoints and results;
- Leads market access activities that include but are not limited to assessing market access needs/trends and developing and executing required market access strategies to optimize market access and commercial success;
- Serves as a member and contributor to various business unit teams, providing functional expertise and leadership, and actively contribute to the business as a whole;
- Works closely with multiple cross functional partners, including R&D, GSM, Business Development, Medical Affairs, Clinical Research, Regional HEMA & Marketing, Regulatory Affairs, and Legal, and
- Accountable for the development, management and tracking of HEMA goals & objectives and local budgets. The role may include people management responsibilities.
- Leads as a member of the Ethicon Franchise HEMA Leadership Team.
- A bachelor’s degree is required
- Advanced degree (MS, MPH, PhD, MHA, MBA) in health economics, outcomes research or a healthcare related field preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of business experience
- Ideal candidate will have a minimum of 8 years of experience within the healthcare industry is required
- ability to work from strategy development to execution and value creation in a dynamic organization required
- A strong understanding of medical delivery systems, reimbursement, market access conditions and health policy trends in major global markets is required
- Solid knowledge of evidence needed to drive favorable reimbursement and market access is required
- Experience leading health economic or outcomes research studies from concept through publication (including management of research vendors or consultants) is preferred
- Experience in a global matrixed environment is preferred
- Strong technical background in evidence-based medicine, health economics, reimbursement or health policy and a track record of success is preferred
- The preferred location for this position is Cincinnati, OH but can also be based in Somerville, NJ. This role may require up to 25% travel (Domestic & International)
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Somerville
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)
Health Economics R&D