Johnson & Johnson Careers
Director, Federal Affairs, Pharmaceuticals
Requisition ID: 0170190722
The Johnson & Johnson Government Affairs department is recruiting for a Director, Federal Affairs, Pharmaceuticals. The role is based in Washington, DC.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
In the role of Director, Federal Affairs - Pharmaceuticals, you will develop, implement and direct federal lobbying activities in support of the corporation’s pharmaceutical business and the patients we serve. We will look to you to establish and maintain relationships with a wide array of internal and external stakeholder organizations to identify, shape, and advance legislative and policy priorities to benefit Janssen and larger enterprise. Are you ready to make an impact?
- Represent the corporation both internally and externally to develop, implement and direct federal lobbying activities aimed at advancing legislative and policy priorities relating to Janssen, Johnson & Johnson’s global pharmaceutical business.
- Interact with key audiences including U.S. Congress, the Administration, and relevant federal agencies including but not limited to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, Food and Drug Administration, and Veterans Affairs.
- Engage and build relationships with external organizations including trade associations, congressional caucuses, affiliated patient and provider professional societies and other stakeholder organizations.
- Manage day to day activities concerning legislation and regulations to shape the external environment and influence decisions by policymakers and lawmakers to benefit customers, shareholders, and the business.
- Work on matters relating to the specific pharmaceutical business in collaboration with specific franchises as well as represent Federal Affairs on numerous broader-based healthcare issues and activities related to the larger enterprise.
- Possess strong ability to manage external policy consultants, engage meaningfully with key stakeholder industry coalitions, and collaborate with State Government Affairs colleagues.
- Participate, serve, and assume leadership positions on internal work streams dedicated to key issues or interests of GA&P, Law Department, and Corporate Communications.
- Coordinate with GA&P colleagues, participate, serve, and/or assume leadership positions on relevant industry-related associations, steering committees, and networking organizations to represent J&J policy interests.
- Interact with internal J&J colleagues including US Government Affairs, International, Health Policy Group, J&J Corporate Communications, Law, J&J operating company and Corporate personnel and senior management.
- Some official assignments may also require coordination with additional business partners including the medical device and consumer operations within the Enterprise.
- Minimum of a BA/BS degree
- Minimum 10 years of robust healthcare experience in government, government affairs and or public policy or political arena is required
- Command for and demonstrated success in complex, cross-functional organizations
- Hold a thorough understanding of fundamental principles with the legislative and regulatory making processes, as well as the geopolitical environment
- Possess superior verbal and written communication skills, including ability to develop strong relationships with diverse individuals/groups
- Demonstrate an affinity for processing complex information and summarizing it concisely in writing and/or verbally in a professional manner and in a time sensitive environment
- Demonstrated success working with numerous internal and external stakeholders in a value-based and Credo compliant manner
- Proven ability to lead and manage others in a Credo based environment
- Executive presence with the ability to quickly establish credibility across all levels of the business and with external customers
- Advanced degree in relevant discipline
- Strong working knowledge of regulatory process and FDA as it relates to pharmaceuticals
Do you strive to join an outstanding team that is dynamic and ever-changing? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity today!
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-District of Columbia-Washington-
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)