Johnson & Johnson Careers
Project Engineer Production Development (1 of 2)
Requisition ID: 0169191002
DePuy Synthes, Inc, part of the Global Orthopaedics Group within Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices is recruiting for a Project Engineer in Commercialized Product Development (CPD) located in Warsaw, IN.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. At DePuy Synthes, we offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, cranio-maxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are building one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
In addition to developing solutions to treat a range of patient needs, we are also passionate about our wider social responsibilities. We are responsible to the communities in which we live and work and committed to supporting good works and charities. You are encouraged to support various initiatives to give back to the community such as STEM engagement events with local schools and colleges and fund-raising activities in support of good causes.
Are you passionate about a position where you can make a difference in peoples' lives? Would you like to gain experience in problem-solving? How about growing your network by working with functions across the business? As a CPD Project Engineer, you will participate on multi-functional project teams to provide engineering support across existing hip and knee product lines.
In this role, you will:
- Generate solutions to design problems, perform design evaluations (such as tolerance analysis, FEA, simulated use testing, etc.), craft risk analysis documentation and support the development of product verification/validation plans and testing
- Work with Project Management to define timelines for development activities and provide regular updates on the status of those activities.
- Work with manufacturing engineering and suppliers to tackle manufacturability issues and then collaborate with Supply Chain partners to transfer those designs into the production environment
- Represent development on Project Core Teams and participate in team meetings
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of our product lines and detailed knowledge of various musculoskeletal pathologies.
- Actively participate in Post-Market Surveillance reviews and provide product support to the field.
- Work directly with the Complaints Team to investigate complaints for implants and instruments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Know and follow all laws and policies that apply to your job, and maintain the highest levels of integrity, ethics and compliance at all times.
- You have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- You have at least 2 years of engineering work experience in new product development, manufacturing engineering or related experience.
- It is helpful to have experience in a highly regulated industry.
- You have a proven background in developing creative solutions to solve design problems.
- It is advantageous to have engineering experience in medical devices (orthopaedics).
- You possess a successful track record working with multi-functional teams within the R&D environment or manufacturing environment .
- You interface effectively with project teams, management, and surgeons.
- You effectively communicate concepts, ideas and knowledge to other individuals, surgeons, customers and/or teams, and work effectively as a team member.
- You demonstrate the ability to prioritize tasks and handle a varied workload.
- You are able to review and critically assess patents and other forms of intellectual property.
- This position may require up to 10% travel.
- This position is based in Warsaw, IN.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
DePuy Synthes Products, Inc (6149)
R&D Engineering (R&D)