Johnson & Johnson Careers
Johnson & Johnson Consumer R&D Summer Internship (June-August 2019)
Requisition ID: 0164181214
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are passionate about research, development and engineering. We develop products in the adult skin and hair, feminine care, oral health, wound care, infant, kids and teen categories. Included are such brand names as Band-Aid Adhesive Bandages, Johnson's Baby products, Neutrogena, Aveeno, Clean & Clear, Neostrata, Listerine, OGX, Rogaine, and Tylenol.
- Design and develop creative consumer and personal care products for regional and global markets.
- Have the opportunity to function in a laboratory environment and/or research pilot facility.
- Work within multi-functional and interdisciplinary teams with multiple internal and external partners.
- Partner with peers, senior personnel, and supervisors who will provide mentorship towards successful outcomes.
- Have opportunities to network with company leaders, lead community service activities, tour external J&J facilities, and present your work to a wide audience.
Multiple internship positions are available for this term and these positions span across several functional roles. Each intern is assigned to a single function with a specific project. Below are examples of the various functional roles for which internship positions may be available:
Formulation Science and Development: developing, testing, and scaling up new formulated products and ingredients (gels, emulsions, suspensions, creams, foams, lotions, cleansers, etc.)
- Relevant Experience: Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Material Science & Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Polymer Science, Biotechnology, Soft Matter Science, Food Science, Personal Care Science; formulation, chemical synthesis and analysis, wet chemistry, rheology, experience with polymers, surfactants, colloids, emulsions, and nanoparticles
Foundational Biology, Measurement Science and Product Efficacy Testing: utilizing biochemistry, optics and cell biology to develop and utilize new methods for testing product efficacy and new claim validation
- Relevant Experience: Biomedical Engineering, Microbiology, Biological Science, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Medical Optics, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Neuroscience; method development, cell culturing, in-vitro and in-vivo methodologies, aseptic techniques, clinical testing
Consumer Device Engineering: prototyping, designing, developing and testing innovative consumer devices and engineered solutions based on deep consumer insights
- Relevant Experience: Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Systems Engineering, design control, technical drawing (CAD), medical devices, electronics, 3D printing and design, mechanical and electrical design and testing, programming, machine learning
Package Engineering: developing and implementing packaging innovation and unique user experience, and developing supporting specifications, documentation, package line trials and package testing
- Relevant Experience: Packaging Science, Packaging Engineering, Materials Science, Engineering; package testing, package line trials, SolidWorks, 3D printing, knowledge of packaging materials
Specialty Roles in Consumer Science, Clinical Testing, and Technology Development: interdisciplinary roles connecting various aspects of product science, consumer psychology and perception, computational analysis and modeling, data management, market research, etc.
- Relevant Experience: Computer Science, Behavioral Science, Psychology, Consumer Science, Neuroscience; consumer psychology, clinical research, image analysis, consumer products / personal care market research, programming, regulatory, technology entrepreneurship, toxicology, human factors and user experience
- Enrollment in a full-time undergraduate/graduate program seeking a degree majoring in a Science or Technology related field.
- A minimum 3.0 Cumulative GPA at the time of application.
- Ability to work 40 hours per week for the duration of the 10-12-week internship term
- Authorization to work in the United States without limitations and require no sponsorship for visa status now or in the future (e.g. H1-B status).
- Relevant internship, co-op, laboratory or retail work experience
- History of leadership and multi-functional collaboration
- Candidates with academic and/or industrial clinical trial experience are strongly preferred.
- Participation in campus/community service activities is desired.
- Based on location of assignment, housing assistance is offered to students who live more than 50 miles from their work-site location. This housing assistance includes options for subsidized rent in a fully-furnished apartment close to the work-site, or a stipend payment for students to use at their discretion. Daily transportation to and from the work-site location is the student's responsibility, as most locations are not accessible via public transportation and company transportation is not provided.
- United States-New Jersey-Skillman
- North America-United States-New Jersey-Princeton, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Fort Washington Candidates need to be proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel (including a high proficiency with generating pivot tables and graphs), and Power Point, and have strong oral and written communication skills.
United States-New Jersey-Skillman-
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)