Senior Manager, Sales Learning & Development – Oncology
Janssen Biotech, Inc. is recruiting for a Senior Manager of Sales Learning & Development to be based in Horsham, PA. Preference may be granted to qualified candidates with prior Oncology Disease sales and training experience, Key Account Manager field and/or training experience, or CAR-T knowledge and experience.
Janssen Biotech, Inc. has delivered on the promise of new treatments and new ways to improve the health of individuals with serious disease. Built upon a rich legacy of innovative "firsts" Janssen Biotech, Inc. pursues innovative solutions in the therapeutic areas of immunology, oncology and nephrology. With the same unwavering passion for new challenges, we dedicate ourselves to delivering solutions for these disease states where unmet needs continue to exist. Rooted in rich scientific collaborations and community-based relationships, we have access to some of the top minds in science today, allowing us to advance the treatment of patients through our innovative medicines. Our discoveries lead us not only to new treatments, but also to new ways to empower patients and expand their access to quality care - because we believe that changing lives for the better takes more than medicine.
- Report directly into the Senior Director, Oncology Learning Excellence, Engagements and Operations
- Identify strategic needs and incorporate adult learning principles into the design, development and execution of effective blended learning solutions for the Oncology Field Organization that address critical business needs.
- Collaborate with peers, Sales Leadership, Franchise Leadership, Marketing, Regulatory, Medial, and other stakeholders to design and deploy targeted programs that reduce knowledge gaps and enhance field effectiveness at both the manager and individual contributor level through improvement of competencies and functional skills.
- Serve as a liaison between marketing, sales and franchise teams by developing and executing learning programs that translate and communicate brand strategies to sales personnel through multiple training/learning mediums, while adhering to appropriate guidelines.
- Demonstrate a passion for learning and serve as a leader within the team to ensure overall team effectiveness by providing coaching and feedback to junior team members.
- Assess the ongoing training needs of customer facing field teams related to organizational imperatives by performing analysis on current and historical Oncology activities, and enterprise engagement. In response, deliver the most effective educational programs to satisfy the overall objectives of the organization.
- Leverage knowledge of Oncology product portfolio, clinical acumen and selling skills to ensure the alignment of learning solutions with stakeholder needs.
- Leverage diverse learning technologies and identify innovative new technologies to create user focused, efficient, and effective learning experiences that drive business outcomes.
- Manage projects accounting for timelines, compliance constraints, business needs, budget, and available resources.
- Lead all phases of vendor management including procurement, project management and ensuring a compliant and measurable return on all project deliverables.
- Understand and monitor the evolving marketplace dynamics, market access, and reimbursement changes that impact the design and delivery of Oncology learning solutions.
- Take a leadership role to ensure that cross company Sales Learning & Development Team programs and best practices are being leveraged and effectively deployed to optimize resources and reduce costs.
- Adhere to all Regulatory/Legal and HCC guidelines.
- Applies innovative approaches to design, update, and improve learning content that enhances the learning experience and on-the-job application.
- Develops learning content for meetings (e.g., New Hire, POA, manager) to support strategic initiatives and improve competencies.
- Prepares and/or leads learning sessions to increase the Field Teams’ understanding of clinical, product, marketplace, and access knowledge as well as healthcare ecosystem and competitor trends.
- Ensures all content and materials fully comply with HCC and Company guidelines and is approved through all appropriate channels.
- Manages competing priorities and adapts to changes in project timelines, urgency, or compliance constraints.
- Develops and implements short- and long-term project plans and meets objectives, milestones, and deliverables for multiple projects.
- Leverages knowledge of business objectives, strategies, and operational procedures to effectively meet business and learning goals.
- Leads partnerships across the business unit to drive communication and identify mutually-beneficial needs.
- Builds relationships throughout multiple stakeholder channels to gain support for preferred approaches and strategies.
- Remains current on and anticipates changes in product knowledge, marketplace conditions, and stakeholder practices to deliver the most effective delivery of materials.
- Understands and adapts to the changing healthcare ecosystem and adjusts learning solutions accordingly.
- Demonstrates selling skills to understand and meet the customer’s needs and provide appropriate solutions.
- Sets and communicates goals, expectations, and priorities for Managers or Trainers to ensure business needs are met.
- Helps team adapt to shifting priorities, cross-functional objectives, and the unpredictable environment.
- Serves as a role model and mentor to motivate team members to show initiative, be innovative, and demonstrate high work quality.
- Provides coaching and feedback based on individual’s developmental needs for current and future roles.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required
- A minimum of five (5) years or more of sales and/or account management experience in the Pharmaceutical, Biotech or Medical Device Industry is required.
- 3 or more years of People Management experience is preferred
- Oncology experience is strongly preferred
- CAR-T knowledge preferred.
- Prior training experience is strongly preferred and experience in delivering training in multiple learning platforms (workshop, virtual, e-learning, simulation, gamification) is also preferred.
- The incumbent should be strong in the following competencies: Learning Excellence, Technology Utilization, Collaborative Partnerships, Project Management, Marketplace and Access Knowledge, and Clinical and Selling Expertise.
- Ability to develop a strong training strategy and pull through execution is strongly preferred.
- Must be able to identify and assess risk and prioritize competing demands for time, based on importance, need, and impact.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work independently and collaboratively to complete projects and follow Company‐approved processes to fulfill assigned responsibilities
- Must demonstrate an ability to assess executional effectiveness of a sales and coaching model when engaging in feedback with sales specialists and managers.
- Deliver appropriate verbal and written feedback, role-playing, and modeling of the skills to enhance performance
- This position is located in Horsham, PA, and requires the ability to travel up to 20% as necessary for required meetings and training.
Janssen Biotech, Inc. (6014)