Johnson & Johnson Careers
R&D 2019 CO-OP, SOMERVILLE, NJ
Requisition ID: 0159190322
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Ethicon, a member of Johnson & Johnson’s family of companies located in Somerville, NJ, is recruiting for R&D Co-ops for Fall 2019.
Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of open surgery. The Ethicon business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies including— sutures, hemostasis products, surgical staplers, trocars, energy devices and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally-invasive and open surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women's health conditions, hernias, oncology, and obesity.
Positions are available in many subgroups of R&D and may include some or all of the following responsibilities:
- Hands-on laboratory work in a microbiology, chemistry, or engineering lab
- Performing studies and developing test methods and fixtures
- Good documentation practices, including writing test protocols, generating final reports, and documenting meeting minutes
- Crafting and evaluating prototypes
- Attending and participating in voice-of-customer (VOC) labs
- Collaborating with engineers and outside suppliers to support project related activities
- Generating models and drawings in SolidWorks
If you are passionate about these opportunities, please apply below.
- Be enrolled (not necessarily taking classes) in an accredited college/university during the internship session.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, Microbiology or a related technical field.
- Only students who have completed their freshman year or above will be considered.
- Availability to work full-time (40 hours/week) during the Internship.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership and/or participation in campus programs and/or community service activities is desired.
- A high level of organization and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Be comfortable working independently, as well as on a team.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Power Point, and have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Hands-on skills and experience with SolidWorks, for some roles.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States and not require future sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
- Ability to provide their own transportation to this work location. A stipend will be offered to students who meet the commuting distance eligibility requirements.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Somerville-
Ethicon Inc. (6045)