Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Associate Scientific Director, Immunology Discovery
Spring House, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 0157180118
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for an Associate Scientific Director, Immunology Discovery, located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The primary responsibility for this individual will be to lead a team of biologists that define and prosecute project strategies that deliver high quality clinical candidates. The Associate Scientific Director will report to the Director of Rheumatology in Immunology Discovery. This individual will provide scientific leadership within the Rheumatology Discovery team and interface with internal and external partners to discover novel therapeutics to treat Rheumatological diseases. People management including coaching, mentoring and managing people for performance and scientific growth is a key aspect of this position. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work independently, manage and mentor scientists doing cutting edge research, design experiments, interpret data, troubleshoot and suggest next steps, detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Collaboratively work in a matrix environment, present ideas, both verbally and in writing to diverse audiences including scientific colleagues and senior leadership
- Drive collaborations, internally and externally, with scientists from different disciplines to drive value
- Work in a collaborative environment where ideas can be respectfully challenged to drive excellence and innovation
- PhD in Immunology/Pharmacology with at least 7 years of pharmaceutical industry experience with progressively advanced responsibilities is required
- Post-doctoral training is preferred
- Experience leading/ advancing drug discovery programs in immune-mediated diseases is required
- Previous experience in Lupus or related diseases is strongly preferred
- Previous supervisory experience of PhD level and non-PhD-level scientists is required
- Proven drug hunting experience and advancing projects from concept to clinic is required
- Solid background in Immunology/ Pharmacology is required
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)