Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Assistant Brand Manager
Requisition ID: 0155180118
Johnson & Johnson Inc. is a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for an Assistant Brand Manager within its newly created Specialty Beauty Division, headquartered in Princeton, New Jersey. Working out of the Greater Toronto Area, you will lead and manage all aspects of the Dermo-Cosmetics retail business.
Johnson & Johnson Inc. is a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. In Canada, we market innovative consumer products focusing on skin and hair care, baby care, wound care, oral health as well as a broad range of well-known and trusted over-the-counter products.
Our purpose is to "Bring Science to the Art of Healthy Living” by providing Canadians with some of the world's most widely used and trusted brands including: Johnson's® Baby, Neutrogena®, Aveeno®, Listerine®, Band-Aid® Brand Adhesive Bandages, Tylenol®, Reactine®, Benylin®, Nicorette®, Nicoderm® and many more. Based in Markham, Ontario, we employ approximately 400 people and are supported by a manufacturing and research and development facility located in Guelph, Ontario.
Working as an Assistant Brand Manager, you will focus on the growth and development of the Specialty Beauty business in the Canadian market. You will also assist in the creation and execution of the new business model.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the development of clear brand building plans in line with the objectives of the division including 3-year marketing plan, new product launches, digital, ecommerce, in-store promotions and communication strategy.
- Co-leading the development and implementation of brand/product strategy and promotional elements that drive sales, share and profit goals.
- Providing support in the implementation of comprehensive marketing strategies, including all promotional activities and product launches.
- Using data to help build and achieve specific shared growth objectives in terms of annual net sales, shipments, retail sales volume, ranking, and strengthening of our brand position.
- Monitoring and analyzing business results and recommending opportunities for improving plans and their execution.
- Building promotions and analyzing their effect on the overall business. Interacting with departments including sales, finance, education, public relations, digital, social, creative, sales administration, global marketing and senior management.
- Leading the development of forecasts, and assisting with brand P&L, stock inventory for product launches and promotional activities.
- Preparing and delivering presentations for key meetings and senior management.
- Managing marketing research, following up on campaigns and launches and providing Management team with regular quantitative and qualitative reports.
- Partnering across teams, including existing J&J sales, Specialty Beauty marketing, operations/R&D, etc.
- Successful completion of a University degree is required; preferably in Marketing or related field. MBA is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of brand management experience is required.
- Previous experience in the beauty industry preferred.
- Experience working on a premium/prestige/luxury or dermo-cosmetic product is preferred.
- Experienced in digital – advertising, social media and understanding of the path to purchase.
- Proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Understanding of retail and shopper dynamics in Canada.
- Budget management and forecasting experience.
- Travel— 30-40%; Ability to travel between US and Canada as needed and extended periods of time may be required in the US. May also include presence on weekend events/training sessions. This will likely be limited to one or two per quarter.
- Manages Complexity: manages multiple projects and tasks at a time with a focus on prioritization and quality. Forward thinking and problem solving.
- Achieves Results with Integrity: demonstrates engagement and availability, stays dedicated, focuses on results and delivers results respecting our Credo. Performs tasks with high level of detail. Ability to come up with innovative solutions.
- Demonstrates entrepreneurship: takes initiative with a high focus on our customers. Consistently strives to improve performance.
- Innovates: shows curiosity to grow and develop. Derives creative solutions to generate business value.
- Self-motivated, results oriented, creative thinker, ability to manage through ambiguity.
- Strong communication, presentation and organizational skills.
- Analytical in approach to finding opportunities, strong problem solving skills.
- Strong negotiation and collaboration skills.
- Strong knowledge of Canadian retail Derm Co market.
- Experience with ecommerce and digital marketing.
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Johnson & Johnson Inc. (7695)