Johnson & Johnson Careers
Staff Mechanical Engineer
Requisition ID: 0147180820
Johnson & Johnson Vision, part of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Staff Mechanical Engineer, located in Santa Ana, California.
Johnson & Johnson Vision is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world’s first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, it has been helping patients see better through their world-leading ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses. In 2017, J&J expanded into cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery (LASIK) and consumer eye health and now serves more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries with its eye health portfolio. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees, and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
As the Staff Mechanical Engineer you will need to demonstrate experience of medical equipment system design and medical device design control with strong preference of familiarity with ophthalmic procedures, specifically the Phaco procedure. Work independently providing technical leadership to project teams developing mechanical engineering product requirements and designs. Responsible for planning and execution of engineering design qualification testing utilizing Six Sigma methodology of data collection and analysis. Self-motivated, solution thinker, who evaluates alternatives and solutions thoughtfully with regard to system reliability, performance and timeline and consideration to manufacturability and serviceability. Posses a strong ability to multi task several design projects including management of design outsourcing.
In this role you will responsible for the following:
- Leads project teams designing products, processes, and/or software
- Significant contributions to product design both independently and as part of a team
- Identifies and resolves issues, and communicates status to peers and manager
- Ensures completeness, accuracy and testability of product requirements.
- Develops test approach and methods, writes and performs test protocols, and writes reports
- Responsible for establishing engineering test capabilities and for maintenance of engineering test equipment.
- Responsible for development and release of engineering design documentation
- Leads medium-sized projects. Contributes independently to product design.
- BS in Engineering is required, Mechanical Engineering Degree is highly preferred
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in a highly regulated industry is required
- Experience with CAD, Solidworks / PDM and surface modeling desired
- Capital equipment experience is required
- Medical device experience is required
- Experience designing linkage mechanisms desired
- Ability to use standard and complex engineering, development, and test equipment
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with writing design documents/technical reports (highly preferred)
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Increasing level of supervisory experience preferred
- Based in Santa Ana, CA, R&D facility; will require up to 10% of travel.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-California-Santa Ana
AMO US Holdings, Inc.. (6234)
R&D Engineering (R&D)