Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
NATIONAL SALES DIRECTOR
Requisition ID: 0145180430
Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. We strive to provide scientifically sound, high quality products and services to help heal, cure disease and improve the quality of life.
Johnson & Johnson Medical Device Companies (JJMDC), a division of Johnson & Johnson Inc., markets and distributes medical implant devices for use in private and primary health care settings across Canada. JJMDC focuses on providing reconstructive treatment options and augmentation options for medical procedures. Among the products represented by its various business units are: surgical instruments, orthopaedic implants, devices for women's health including breast care, infection prevention and general purpose sterilizers, hernia solutions, haemostatic products, cardiovascular and neurovascular diagnostics and treatment.
This role has direct and full accountability for the national sales function for the Biosense Webster Franchise across Canada. This role leads, develops and manages the Sales and Clinical teams, with responsibility for developing national sales strategy and execution aligned to the near and long terms strategic plan for the Biosense Webster business. The management of stakeholder relationships, including key customers, to drive overall Bisonense Webster value proposition through development and execution of initiatives and programs is a priority. Driving topline sales, managing the sales resource budget, delivering on contribution to overall P&L for the Biosense Webster are critical metrics to success. This role serves as a key member of the Canadian Cardiovascular and Specialty Solutions Group (CSS) leadership team, and the JJMDC Sales Leadership Forum which focus’ on the overall development of sales competencies across the enterprise.
- Deliver on both national top line and profitability targets as established in the business plan
- Define and execute long-term business growth strategy that drives increased sales, market share, and/or market growth opportunities
- Gain market insights through interaction with customers, consumers, payors, regulators and industry experts; develop a deep understanding of problems, needs, and translate into possible solutions
- Development and leverage of internal stakeholder relationships at both local and global strategic level to access Canadian customer value
- Analyze macro environment, competitive landscape, market, industry, and economic trends to identify and evaluate opportunities for introduction of new products to the marketplace, multi-generation pipeline growth, increased revenue, and market growth
- Review and manage portfolio relative to market demand and allocate resources according to greatest opportunities for growth
- Possess in-depth understanding of competitive environment
- Analyze and report sales results against forecast to senior management as well as any adjustments made to business plans to ensure objectives are met
- Establish sales goals and forecast
- Manage sales departmental cost center to budget
- Monitor business progress, identify key learnings and initiate indicated actions as necessary
- Actively lead and/or support tendering and pricing proposal responses
- Develop and propose creative strategies and approaches to demonstrate the Biosense Webster value proposition
Relevant knowledge and experience required:
- Strong medical device sales experience and deep knowledge of the Sales function at a strategic level gained through 10+ years of progressive experience, including at least three years of sales management
- 3+ years’ Marketing or Market Development experience
- Sales manager/leadership and people management experience
- University degree in Business/Marketing or a related field is required, MBA preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 65% of the time
- Bilingual - English and French skills preferred
- Outstanding business acumen, leadership, business case development and budget management skills
- Strong leadership, communication & influencing skills
- Ability to connect and effectively collaborate cross-functionally in a matrix environment
- Results driven with a focus on performance & excellence in the job
- Sense of urgency
- Demonstrated business success in delivering growth and gaining share
- Ability to build respect and trust with customers, employees and internal stakeholders
- Integrity and Credo-based leadership
- Proven track record of managing through complexity
- An outstanding demonstrable track record of leadership and results, coupled with a performance driven approach
- Customer centric approach to all thinking to drive positive customer experience
- Exceptional coaching skills and a track record of talent development
- Ability to think strategically and foster a culture for continuous improvement
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Johnson & Johnson Inc. (7695)