Johnson & Johnson Careers
Occupational Health Nurse (Part Time)
Skillman, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 0140181214
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Part-Time Occupational Health Nurse, within the Johnson & Johnson Global Health Services organization. The position will be based in Skillman, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $71.9 billion in 2016 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 127,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The Occupational Health Nurse (OHN) will assist in coordinating a cross function health and wellness team at a single site and is responsible for the provision of Global Health services including Occupational Medicine, Wellness & Health Promotion programs. S/He will assist Site Team Lead with oversight of health programs delivered by vendors in the areas of wellness, fitness and employee assistance. S/he will assist in the deployment and performance of Global Health and Wellness strategies, policies and standards for occupational health, wellness & health promotion and employee assistance programs.
This is a part-time position. (24 hours per week), flexible to meet the needs of the business.
• Provides clinical healthcare services including: Nursing care for Injuries & illnesses which includes responding to onsite medical emergencies, Case Management of Occupational Injuries and Illness, Medical Surveillance examination and general health education and coaching
• Is responsible for compliance associated with occupational health at the locations they support including, compliance with applicable OSHA regulations and recordkeeping and J&J global health standards.
• Drives increased health outcomes including reducing population health risks, managing and eliminating workplace health risks and supporting improved business outcomes through advancing employee health and wellbeing.
• Delivers agreed-to regional Health metrics and outcomes.
• Ensures delivery of integrated services in accordance with Health Services and regulatory guidelines and in alignment with the business needs of our customers.
• Provides various preventive health evaluations and tests in accordance with Global Health policies and protocols.
• Maintains accurate clinical records, utilizing approved medical, nursing and statistical formats, including use of an Electronic Medical Record.
• Provides support to the First Aid teams.
• Maintains a safe working environment.
• Acquires knowledge of the occupational hazards and treatment for exposures for assigned locations.
• Partners with other members of the Global Health team as well as Human Resources, Safety and management partners to encourage an integrated team approach to solving problems.
• Participates in the development of Site Business plans supporting key Global Health initiatives
• Participates in the Employee Development Program process. Attends continuing education programs.
• A minimum of an Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) with an OHN certification required, Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing(BSN) preferred
• A minimum of two (2) years of experience in Occupational Health Nursing is required
• A minimum of five (5) years of experience as a professional nurse is required.
• Current Registered Nurse license in New Jersey required
• Certified Occupational Health Nurse (COHN), COHN-S and Management of Certification of Hearing Conservation Program (CAOHC) is preferred
• Proficiency with MS Office required; experience with computer-based medical documentation preferred.
• Typing skills adequate for documenting in the Electronic Medical Record required.
• Phlebotomy proficiency required.
• Working knowledge of regulatory areas; i.e.; ADA, OSHA, FMLA, Workers' Compensation, STD/LTD strongly preferred.
• Good customer relations and communication skills necessary.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-New Jersey-Skillman-
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)