Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
POSTDOC SKIN BIOLOGY
Requisition ID: 0136180118
Johnson & Johnson Consumer & Personal Products Worldwide Division of Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies, Inc. is recruiting for a Postdoc, Skin Biology & BioDelivery to be located in Skillman, NJ.
Johnson & Johnson Consumer & Personal Products Worldwide Division of Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies, Inc. develops and markets baby care, wound care and skin care products that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals and incorporate the latest innovations. The portfolio includes heritage brands JOHNSON’S® Baby and BAND-AID® Brand, as well as leading skin care brands such as AVEENO®, NEUTROGENA® and CLEAN & CLEAR®. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Skin Biology & BioDelivery team is an upstream Discovery and Enabling Programs team within the Global Skin Care Innovation Platforms group. The team is charged with identifying novel biological targets and breakthrough technologies to provide skin care benefits, evaluating cell signaling mechanisms in order to understand MOA’s for key technologies and developing innovative in-vitro models and assays to assess the functional benefits of technologies and product propositions for skin care benefits.
The individual is expected to lead multiple projects, collaborating internally and externally to develop and apply novel in-vitro models and assays, with a primary focus to enable the validation and understanding of MOA’s of key technologies, the assessment of functional effects of technologies and products to predict clinical performance, as well the creation of in vitro scientific support for priority new and differentiated product propositions.
This individual is expected to conduct independent and lead innovative research programs within a multifunctional environment. This individual will be expected to work collaboratively internally with cross-functional partners across the R&D organization, and also with external partners such as academic institutions, contract laboratories or material suppliers.
The individual will be expected to present data to internal cross-functional teams and have the opportunity to present at scientific meetings and publish in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
- A minimum of a Ph.D. with skin biology, molecular biology, cell biology, bioengineering. 1+ year experience is highly preferred.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require future sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
- Solid working knowledge of skin biology/biochemistry pathways, hands-on experience in current techniques including in-vitro assays and models is required.
- High throughput sequencing and data analysis experience highly preferred
- High throughput screening and automation experience is desired
- Professional scholarly activity (e.g. conference presentations, peer-reviewed publications, patents, etc.), and prior industrial or post-doctoral experience is highly preferred
- Ability to independently manage complex technical projects
- Ability to acquire, analyze, interpret and organize data and document research experiments and protocols
- Experience in statistical analysis of experimental data
- Experience conducting competitive technical intelligence including patent and/or literature searches
- Ability to partner with cross functional teams within a research and development environment
- Ability to apply organizational understanding, as well as participate in decision-making in collaboration with others
- Good written and verbal communication skill
- Ability to create and deliver technical presentations to both technical and nontechnical business audiences
JNJ is an equal opportunity employer Primary Location North America-United States-New Jersey-Skillman Organization J & J Consumer Inc.
United States-New Jersey-Skillman
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)