Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Scientist, Functional Genomics, for our site in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
You will join Functional Genomics, a group within the Translational Platform department of Discovery Sciences, to develop and implement state of the art approaches using gene editing tools to support the identification and development of small and large molecule therapeutics for disease indications, including Oncology, Immunology, Infectious Diseases, Neuroscience, and Cardiovascular and Metabolic Diseases. You will work in an exciting, interdisciplinary environment, overlapping the different stages of the discovery pipeline, by interacting with several internal and external groups. You should be highly self-motivated and have experience developing a team of associate level staff. Responsibilities include design and execution of cellular experiments and screens using shRNA, CRISPR/Cas9, and other functional genomics tools for target identification, validation, mechanism of action (MOA) characterization, and mechanisms of resistance and/or sensitivity to small and large molecules. It is essential that you can critically analyze data and possess experienced troubleshooting skills. Finally, you should demonstrate a sense of urgency, be organized and adhere to sensitive timelines.
• Ability to perform tissue culture with established cell lines and primary cultures is a requirement.
• Cellular and molecular biology techniques include: transfections, transductions, RNAi, CRISPR/Cas9, microscopy, immunocytochemistry, flow cytometry, PCR, RT-QPCR, western blotting, immunoprecipitation etc.
• Expected to be able to critically analyze their data and troubleshooting skills will be essential
• Collaborate with stakeholders and business partners across multiple disciplines and contribute to various projects within the organization
• Coordinate with external companies and collaborators to generate reagents and perform experiments
• Supervise and guide junior research associates and work-study students
• Manage multiple experiments and projects
• Keep up-to-date on literature related to his/her field. Act as an expert resource in her/his scientific field and related disciplines. Propose novel and actionable assay ideas, aligned with internal and external scientific strategies and demands
• Communicate in a clear and professional manner, both in writing and orally
• Present data in a professional 'publication ready' format
• Ph.D. degree or equivalent, with a minimum of 1 or more years of post-degree experience in a biotech/ pharmaceutical setting OR 2 or more years of experience in a high-quality academic environment is required
• Experience with arrayed, pooled, genome-scale, and functional genomics screens in vitro or in vivo and cell line engineering is required
• Strong record of publications is required
• Ability to interpret, troubleshoot and report on complex data is required
• Able to effectively present scientific data and concepts to international standards is required
• Basic statistical knowledge is required
• Experience managing team members in constructive and productive ways is preferred
• Drug discovery experience in a biotech or pharmaceutical environment is preferred
• System experience with electronic notebook management is preferred
• Experience with collaborating with external partners (e.g. contract research organizations and academics) is preferred
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-1400�McKean�Road
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)