Johnson & Johnson Careers
Packaging Operator (Multiple Openings - 1st, 2nd, 3rd Shifts)
Requisition ID: 0130180910
Johnson & Johnson is hiring full-time, permanent Manufacturing Packaging Operators to support 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift operations in Monument, CO.
Looking for an opportunity that's more than just a job? Our facility operates Monday - Friday around the clock to produce medical nails and screws used in trauma surgeries around the world. Our products are used every day to help save lives and we want you to be a part of that!
This role performs packaging and labeling operations associated with medical devices which require a high level of attention to detail and accuracy. Work is in accordance with all requirements for manufacturing medical devices according to FDA regulations. Within an assigned work area, a packaging operator will perform packaging operations compliantly per documentation and specific procedures using various types of machines to include but not limited to sealers, shrink wrappers, seal testers, vision machines, mechanical presses and fixtures for assembly, as well as various types of equipment to include but not limited to computers, printers, calipers, hand truck dollies and palletizing machines.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Verify documentation for correctness and accuracy per defined process.
- Performs cleaning and administrative duties such as general housekeeping per department guidelines.
- Follow appropriate safety practices in order to prevent accidents to self or others.
- Follow all laws and policies as they apply to one's job and to maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
- Participate in and understand all compliance related activities pertaining to the job assignment.
- Learn and understand lean initiatives (e.g. 5S, Standard Work).
- Engage with others in a positive and constructive manner that is conducive to good teamwork in a production environment.
- Learn and retain process requirements and metrics in assigned area to meet safety, quality, compliance and production goals as well as training requirements.
- Work during assigned shift schedule and meet associated attendance requirements.
- Ability to work overtime - eight (8) hours a day and/or 40 hours a week to support business requirements.
- Demonstrate consistency in results.
- Follow process sheets, in process quality checks and perform first piece inspections.
- Interface with co-workers and support functions to resolve problems
- Identify and offer ideas and solutions for improvements based on applied knowledge
- Performs other related duties, as required.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Basic writing and verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer skills (e.g. internet, email).
- General math skills (e.g. addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
- Previous packaging, industrial or manufacturing experience in regulated industry preferred.
- Work in conditions that may be hot, cold, wet and/or noisy along with exposure to fumes, oil, coolants and other manufacturing related chemicals.
- Work on feet up to 100% of the time
- Lift up to 25 pounds on a regular basis along with occasionally performing two-man lifts for objects greater than 25 pounds.
- Work in designated packaging areas which may include Controlled Environmental Room.
- This position will be based in Monument, Colorado.
- You must be able to work overtime (more than 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week) based on business needs.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)