Janssen Research &
Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies,
is recruiting for a Senior Scientist, Discovery Process Research, located in La
Jolla, CA (San Diego area).
At the Janssen
Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson& Johnson, we are working to create a
world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to
prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the
best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We
collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at
www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research and Development,
LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
We are currently seeking an
extraordinary synthetic organic / process chemist to join the Discovery Process
Research (DPR) group at our San Diego, CA, site as a Senior Scientist.
You will be responsible for
conducting research directed to the development of creative solutions to
complex chemistry problems across a portfolio of projects in the discovery
space, from lead identification through selection of development candidates.
Our goal is to facilitate medicinal chemistry research by finding solutions to
synthetic bottlenecks, enabling access to novel chemical space and translating
chemistry innovations to the development of efficient routes for the synthesis
of small molecule drug candidates advancing into development.
Your work will require state of the
art synthetic organic chemistry skills and analytical chemistry techniques,
leveraging on your previous experience in areas such as asymmetric synthesis,
reaction safety, flow chemistry, reaction optimization, synthetic route design,
product isolation, and scale-up. You will be expected to remain conversant with
the modern chemical literature and to maintain a strong laboratory presence.
Building and maintaining close collaborations with colleagues in medicinal
chemistry, chemical and pharmaceutical development as well as other adjacent
functional areas of drug Discovery and Development are key to the role. As
such, you have strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to
grow in a team and goal driven environment.
- A PhD in Organic Chemistry or related discipline is required
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in organic chemistry (academia or industry), with a solid record of innovation is required.
- Consistent track record of scientific excellence and successful research in Organic Chemistry supported by peer-reviewed publications is required
- Demonstrated creativity and innovation in problem solving is required
- Productivity and efficiency working in the lab is required
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required
- Excellent collaboration skills are required
- Experience and ability to train and supervise junior scientific personnel is preferred
- This position is located in La Jolla, CA, and may require up to 10% travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-San Diego-
North America-United States-California-La Jolla
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)