Johnson & Johnson Careers
Data Science Lead
Raritan, New Jersey; New Jersey, United States; Pennsylvania, United States
Requisition ID: 0107180819
Johnson & Johnson Supply Chain Digital & Analytics (“JJSC DNA”) group is recruiting for a Lead Data Scientist who will play an important role in our transformation journey of applying innovative analytics to drive business improvement and competitive advantage. The preferred location for this position is Raritan, NJ, there is also the option to sit in any J&J offices in Central NJ or PA.
At the core of our business strategy is the value of reliable, real-time data on a large scale - “the great equalizer” - and insights that come out of the data using Advanced Analytics. Our ability to leverage cognitive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive analytics to drive speed and agility in our supply chain will give us competitive edge. Accelerated adoption of cutting edge machine learning analytics embedded in the operational workflow is required to achieve our goals. The Lead Data Scientist role will draw on a wide palette of mathematics, statistics, machine learning, and programming techniques to uncover business insights hidden within the data, and contribute technical depth in driving high-impact deployment of innovative solutions across JJSC.
Major responsibilities include:
• Develop and deploy machine learning and predictive modeling solutions to drive business improvement in manufacturing and supply chain.
• Develop technology stack to enable end-to-end, scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analysis, model development, model validation and model implementation.
• Utilize a diverse array of cloud computing platforms (Microsoft Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud), open source technologies and tools as needed, to deliver insights, such as R, Python, Azure Machine Learning, Azure R/Machine Learning Server, etc.
• Research, recommend and implement new data science approaches, algorithms and technologies that help advance internal improvement and innovation of Big Data Analytics and Data Science.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams on data science solution development and deployment, including data, tools, methods, and infrastructure.
• Actively contribute to internal knowledge base through Wikis, Forums and other collaboration mechanisms.
• Provide direction and guidance to junior team members on all aspects of analytics from business context and prioritization to technical coaching.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required in fields such as statistics, applied mathematics, computer science, engineering or any other related quantitative disciplines.
• Master’s or Ph.D. is highly preferred in quantitative fields such as statistics, applied mathematics, computer science, engineering or any other related quantitative disciplines from an accredited college or university
• Minimum of 1 year of industry experience solving business problems through application of statistical modelling and machine learning approaches is required.
• Strong demonstrated understanding of machine learning methods and applied statistical packages as applied to data analysis within open source scripting languages (e.g. R, Python) is required.
• Proficiency in one or more programming languages such as R, Python, HTML5, etc. is required; background in programming in C, C++, Java is preferred.
• Significant exposure to optimization engines (e.g. C-PLEX, Gurobi) is preferred.
• Demonstrated ability in ingesting, cleansing and contextualizing data through advanced data engineering approach is preferred.
• Demonstrated familiarity with large datasets, and understanding of data analysis workflows is required; strong preference for information integration across different sources (e.g. structured data, text, image) is required.
• Demonstrated skills in building scalable prototypes is required; demonstrated capability in building scalable analytical solutions is strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated experience in business applications of distributed computing (e.g. MapReduce, HIVE, HADOOP) is strongly preferred; experience on ML algorithms on platforms like MS-AZURE, AML strongly preferred.
• Proven communication and influence skills are required.
• Strong working knowledge of the commercial insights associated with the product and brand lifecycle is strongly preferred.
• Ability to travel up to twenty percent of the time, including international travel.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan
North America-United States-New Jersey, North America-United States-Pennsylvania
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)