Johnson & Johnson Careers
Strategic Sourcing Manager, External Manufacturing
Requisition ID: 0104181214
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Strategic Sourcing Manager, External Manufacturing in Skillman, NJ.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC)products.
The Strategic Sourcing Manager, External Manufacturing will represent J&J extensively with external suppliers and must maintain strict discipline regarding confidential/sensitive information and must maintain strongest code of ethics.
The Strategic Sourcing Manager, External Manufacturing will be interfacing and negotiating with levels of management and peers in other functional groups within J&J (cross-sector, cross-region, in company).
The Manager will be responsible for:
- Drive goals against business imperatives by leading and participating on cross-functional teams
- Be a leader and key influencer within the North America Consumer SC Procurement team
- Opportunity to manage interns, contractors and/or co-ops
- Collaboratively design and implement local/regional sourcing strategies, or support global sourcing strategies, that deliver best Total Value for the J&J Consumer Group of Companies and J&J customers for assigned commodities/sourcing groups
- Accountable for defining and ensuring competent management of suppliers within scope of control
- Accountable for crisis resolution through early escalation and deployment of internal resources
- Lead SRM activities for suppliers within scope of control
- Support efforts to identify and implement product or technology innovation from Suppliers (via Supplied Enabled Innovation, Partner Enabled Development, or other means)
- Analyze complex supplier proposals and use decision-making tools/models, including financial and non-financial criteria, to facilitate award recommendations.
- Conduct comprehensive supplier analysis and screening (strategic direction, financial due diligence, market position, power within industry, capabilities & capacity, risk assessment).
- Drive supplier diversity opportunities where applicable
- Identify cost improvement opportunities, drive through feasibility and resource alignment discussions and assure execution timelines and tracking of delivered savings
- Own and proactively manage overall financial performance in several key areas, including inflation, OCNIS and J&J driven cost, for all suppliers within scope of control
- Support organization to negotiate appropriate supply terms and agreements for External Manufacturing that best meet the needs and risks posed to J&J.
- Ensure Supplier compliance towards all J&J requirements (Regulatory, Health & Safety, Environment, Sustainability, QA, Sarbanes-Oxley, contract compliance) with support of operational teams.
- Must have a bachelor’s Degree required. A degree in (Procurement/Supply Chain/Economics/Business/Science/Engineering or related fields is preferred)
- Must have minimum of 6 years of relevant experience
- Must have experience working in a cross-functional environment
- Strong working knowledge and proven results in Strategic Sourcing/Procurement is very desirable
- Knowledge of manufacturing or contract manufacturing is very desirable
- Experience working around External Manufacturing is very desirable
- Experience working around FMCG and/or OTC is very desirable
- Experience working/leading global team is very desirable
United States-New Jersey-Skillman-
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)