Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Requisition ID: 0094170914
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Mechanical Technician in Lititz, PA.
The Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Family of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and OTC products.
As a Mechanical Technician, you are responsible for:
- Equipment repairs and changeovers including limited electrical activities, preventive maintenance activities, corrective troubleshooting on machinery and its associated electrical and instrumental devices, machine setup, fabrication of machine parts as qualified, equipment selection and installation, and equipment systems performance improvement.
- Adheres to requirements of Good Manufacturing Practice as specified by the Food and Drug Administration.
- Directs packaging and manufacturing line support.
- Maintains clean and orderly work stations.
- Orders and maintains parts for assigned equipment responsibilities.
- Assists in equipment operation as necessary or helpful to improve task performance or productivity.
Do you strive to join an excellent team that is dynamic and ever-changing? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity today.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent required; Associate degree preferred.
- One year certificate/apprenticeship from college, technical, trade, and/or military school in a related trade area preferred; Journeyman's Certification highly preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant experience required; Experience in manufacturing/packaging/processing field preferred.
- Experience troubleshooting manufacturing/packaging/process equipment preferred.
- Knowledge of GMP processes and packaging components preferred.
- Ability to operate machine shop equipment required; Proficiency in the use of machine shop equipment preferred.
- CMMS experience preferred; experience with the CMMS Maximo highly preferred.
- Ability to work in unionized environment is required.
- Your ability to work a designated 1st, 2nd 3rd or 4th shift is required but train during first shift.
- Willing and able to pass written and hands-on assessments for qualified candidates is required.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently but also in an team environment.
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the job which include: Working in temperature regulated areas, climbing over, into and under machinery for repairs and maintenance, working inside mixing tanks at heights of 15 – 20 feet, bending, stooping and lifting of weights up to 50 pounds.
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)