Johnson & Johnson Careers
Marketing Manager, Conventions & Events
Requisition ID: 0081180819
Johnson & Johnson Vision, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is currently seeking a Marketing Manager, Meetings and Conventions to be located in Santa Ana, CA.
Johnson & Johnson Vision is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world’s first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, it has been helping patients see better through their world-leading ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses. In 2017, J&J expanded into cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery (LASIK) and consumer eye health and now serves more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries with its eye health portfolio.
The Manager, Conventions and Events is responsible for the strategic planning and execution of professional conventions and meetings within the Americas Surgical Vision organization.
- They must maximize event resources for the efficient and effective delivery of major conferences and regional meetings throughout the Americas as needed.
- Responsibilities include development of strategic planning for new convention assets, execution of all major meetings in the Americas region as well as regional events as needed.
- The manager must collaborate and align priorities with sales, marketing and other department leaders to develop annual execution plans to support the business.
- The conventions and events leader will be responsible for developing proficiency metrics and sharing data with the organization to demonstrate impact of the conventions and events on the brand(s) and the business.
- Candidate should have proven experience managing and developing a team in a fast-paced environment
- Develop and implement strategic plan for all conventions and meetings.
- Development of key performance indicators, measurement and reporting tools.
- Dissemination of promotions and post- event reporting to senior leadership and other teams within the organization.
- Vendor management/event management/Project management.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA preferred
- 6+ years of experience leading a team for an organization or brand and managing direct reports.
- Strong leadership skills and a passion for mentorship.
- Proven skills in balancing long-range strategic plans and day-to-day execution
- Experience working in a medical device or pharmaceutical environment is preferred
- Availability for travel and events outside of traditional work hours. Up to 25% travel is required
- Experience leading or contributing to new booth concepts and driving major capital purchase process
- Experience executing conventions/meetings outside the US
- Oversee booth planning with exhibit house/ partners/ client to meet all deadlines.
- Develop relationships with key association contacts on site to grow relationships on behalf of the organization.
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal customers to successfully execute meetings and conventions in according to approved scope of work
- Track program attendance as required using company or client preferred system.
- Cross functional experience, securing alignment from multiple departments
- Experience creating strategic marketing plans and managing annual budget plans
- Experience conducting site visits, securing appropriate venues and contracting with event vendors is required
- Capability of managing company-wide messaging and promotion for corporate events and conventions is required
- Experience in vision care or medical device preferred
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-Santa Ana
United States-California-Santa Ana
AMO Sales and Services, Inc. (6238)