Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Associate Scientist, Molecular and Cell Biology
Requisition ID: 0029180117
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for an Senior Associate Scientist, located in Malvern, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The candidate will provide some routine testing support for molecular and cell based methods. The candidate will lead and support technical projects, review lab documentation and testing results, as well as report results to LIMS, and issue CofA. The individual will be expected to document GXP laboratory activities in a compliant manner, prepare reports, author SOPs, and participate or lead laboratory investigations. The candidate must be able to work independently and serve as a lead in the laboratory and present unsolicited ideas to team leaders /management. Problems are complex, with the analysis of information or data requiring strong process knowledge and in-depth evaluation of multiple variables as well as serves as representative on cross-functional teams. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Initiate and perform laboratory testing and record data according to GxPs, SOPs, and Protocols
- Author and revise SOPs and Protocols
- Perform GXP laboratory related investigations (TrackWise)
- Perform data review leading to preparation of Certificate of Analysis for Clinical Release
- Working knowledge of LIMS
- Correct issues that may not be immediately evident, using existing or new processes
- Provide training to scientific staff
- Contribute to database development and suggest improvements to systems
- Participate in method qualifications
- Lead and serve as representative on cross-functional teams
- Perform other duties as designated by laboratory management
- B.S. in Biology, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related discipline with at least 6 years of related laboratory experience OR a M.S. with at least 3 years of related laboratory experience is required
- Experience in analytical, QC or relative industry labs with solid understanding of molecular and cell based assasys is required
- Experience in Flow Cytometry, Cell Viability, and cell culture techniques are required; ELISA and qPCR are preferred
- Knowledge of cGMP regulations, LIMS, TrackWise and use of electronic notebook are preferred
- Technical writing experience (SOPs and Protocols) is required
- This position may require up to 5% domestic or international travel
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)