Johnson & Johnson Careers
Customer Service Representative, Payroll Contact Center (1 of 2)
Requisition ID: 0018190719
Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Customer Service Representative for the Payroll Contact Center located in Tampa, FL.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science – bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
We have more than 275 operating companies in more than 60 countries, with more than 128,700 employees. Our worldwide headquarters is located in New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA.
Johnson & Johnson Global Services, the global shared services organization supporting the businesses of Johnson & Johnson, performs select functional work in a consistent manner across regions and sectors using simplified, standardized end-to-end processes and state-of-the-art technology. The vision of Johnson & Johnson Global Services is “to be trusted business partners who deliver increasing value by creating and sustaining globally standard world-class services that enable the power of Johnson & Johnson.”
There are more than 2,000 employees in Human Resources, Finance and Procurement who work for Johnson & Johnson Global Services in key service centers located in Manila, Suzhou, Prague, Bogota and Tampa, as well as in local country-based hubs.
The Payroll Contact Center Representative (CCR) receives calls, Our Source Cases, and chats from employees of Johnson & Johnson regarding their pay and will answer general questions, as well as more complex inquiries regarding Payroll policies and procedures with respect to employees’ pay. The Payroll CCR uses a case management tool for tracking requests and may transfer and/or escalate them to the Sr. Payroll CCR or other service center parties, if the Payroll CCR is not able to resolve the issue.
- Respond to requests from current and former Johnson & Johnson employees (and, occasionally, non-employees such as contractors) for questions regarding Payroll policies and procedures.
- Utilize reference materials, such as the online knowledge base to maintain a basic working knowledge of Payroll operations and assure accurate responses to questions and requests.
- Assure that sufficient information is gathered to resolve inquiries.
- Confer with the Sr. Payroll CSR and/or the Payroll Supervisor as well as other colleagues to provide complete and accurate responses and redirect unanswered/complex inquiries or transactions to other service center departments, following established processes.
- Utilize a case management tool to accurately capture, track, and follow up on information related to inquiries and adhere to established standards for case resolution.
- Perform intake, sorting, tracking, and distribution for Payroll-related documents that arrive at the service center for processing and other duties as assigned.
- Assist teammates where possible for the good of the team and department.
- Adhere to company, department, and team standards of professionalism and protocol.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required, an advanced degree is preferred
- A minimum of three (3) years of customer service experience is required
- Previous experience in a Payroll department is required, preferably for a large multi-state company
- Knowledge of Payroll operations and practices is required
- Experience with contact center applications (e.g., case management, call center telephony, knowledge management) is required
- Skills and/or experience in a specific area of Payroll is required (e.g., payroll processing, tax, garnishments)
- Experience in a shared service center environment preferred
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with customers, peers, and vendors is required.
- A sense of urgency in solving customer requests to ensure timely resolution.
- Knowledge of standard business practices and professionalism in a customer service environment are essential
- Ability to excel in a team based environment, demonstrating customer service and teamwork is required.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) or Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) is preferred
- Experience with an ERP system is preferred (payroll modules of SAP preferred)
- Experience with payroll applications and service providers desirable.
- Experience with Microsoft tools and applications is required
- May be required to travel domestically up to 5% of the time
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)