Senior Scientist Method development
Introduction of company and team:
Janssen Vaccines & Prevention B.V., previously Crucell, is one of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson. We are dedicated to bringing life-saving innovation to global health.
Our teams focus on the discovery, development, manufacture, and marketing of vaccines to protect people worldwide from infectious diseases. With the leading R&D group within the Dutch pharmaceutical industry, we are in an outstanding position to commercialize several vaccines in the near future. This gives excellent personal development opportunities!
The Analytical Development (AD) is a young and dynamic group (150 team members), responsible for developing methods to characterize our vaccines. Together, we use biological- and chemical technologies to assess quantity, potency, purity, and identity characteristics of our products. We have a pivotal role between the regulatory authorities, quality unit and process development.
You will be working in a varied team together with vaccine development experts focusing on bringing our vaccines to the market.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Enjoys mentoring of a multidisciplinary team and growing late-stage knowledge of the team as a whole.
- Actively shares the expertise of life cycle management up to and including validation of methods for release and characterization of our vaccines.
- Has expertise in technologies such as ELISA, (q)PCR, cell culture-based assays, HPLC and/or MS.
- Acts as a technical lead to strengthen our late-stage product development strategy.
- Strong capabilities to collaborate with scientists across multiple disciplines.
- Takes ownership as a senior author in the preparation of presentations, documents for regulatory filing and patents.
The perfect candidate will have a Ph.D. degree (or equivalent) with a minimum of 6 years of late-stage pharmaceutical industry experience in ICH method development and validation.
The candidate demonstrates strong leadership, interpersonal and team-building skills. Importantly, you have a critical attitude and value accuracy in the execution of your work and that of others. We value an ethical working environment, as described in our Credo, where trust, diversity and inclusion is the fundament for success.
Our company offers a broad range of benefits and a competitive salary, as well as flexible hours and home office possibilities. Are you our perfect candidate and ready to take this step in your career? Help us to get these vaccines on the market and be part of this outstanding opportunity!
Janssen Vaccines & Prevention BV (8852)